167. Life In A Dystopian World (Part 2)

Athena was finding it hard to sleep. She kept getting distracted by her thoughts. She had plans. She had visions. Her mind was a confusing mess.

She decided to get up and check up on how Aretha was doing. It was early morning so she knew Aretha must have been awake. Her sister wasn't getting much sleep either ever since Dante had separated her from her blood match with that Ronss dagger curse he has performed on Aretha at Bran castle. Even though Dante had made the dagger disappear and it was not piercing Aretha's heart any more the effect remained. If Demetrious got close to her at a certain distance, then Aretha was going to feel immense pain. Getting touched by Demetrious also could cause pain enough to put her into a coma. Dante may have granted Aretha alongside all witches and warlocks immortality including his enemies but it didn't mean they couldn't suffer pain that made them beg for death that of course didn't come since immortal bodies healed over time.

Athena sighed, she shook her head at the tragic fate of her sister and her blood match. It was mind blowing.

Aretha was now living at one side of castle of spears close to athena and Arethusa. But Demetrious lived at the other side of the castle close to Octavians room and commanders offices. The Ronas only lived in the castle and commanders only worked at the castle and lucky for them, they didn't have to stay overnight right next to Demetrious and witness or hear his rageful and pain filled night long routines of Demetrious for coping with his heartbreak every night. But unfortunately for Octavuian he was the one closest and he was losing his sleep too.

But again in many ways Octavian was luckier than demetrious. The difference between Octavian and Demetrious was that Octavian could drop by anytime and take arethusa anywhere he wished. Arethusa was content too. Athena had a word with Octavian about treating her better and not rushing her since she was a year younger and only seventeen. Octavian of course had backed off ever since and was being gentler towards arethusa. Octavian may have been a powerful turquoise eyed warrior who had managed to cause so much destruction and pain in the past few weeks. He was a true monster. But even he was wary of Athena and knew not to argue. Afterall Arethusa was a distant cousin of Athena. Hurting her meant going to war with Athena which could be a deadly mistake.

Athena may have saved Arethusa from getting rushed in her relationship with Octavian but she couldn't save her from living under the excessive close surveillance she was subjected to. Since she was an enemy of Arkansas she should have been on the conversion program but of course Dante had ordered for her to be watched at all times and the role of obtaining her loyalty and her conversion to Ronas ways was given to Octavian. But still arethusa had a better time than Aretha. Arethusa and octavian were free to spend time together with no restrictions. But Demetrious never got to see Aretha unless it was from a far distance in fear that he was going to hurt her. That curse was unbreakable unless by Dante himself. There was nothing Athena could do. It really hurt her to watch Demetrious and Aretha separated like this but still Dante could do much worse. Athena was sure of that.

Athena came out of her thoughtful state finally. She got up from the bed, walked to the door and slowly walked out. Dante had this time round allowed a stairway route appearing in front of her door to let her walk to a few places in the castle. Aretha's room, Arethusa's room, Dante's room and the ground floor and dining room and the exit.of course she still could also access the garden through her window but anywhere else in the castle she wasn't allowed to go without Dante. She still had restricted access but that was something. Athena was even allowed to leave castle of spears through the front door for a few hours a day if Dante was in the mood and didn't block her exit as she was about to walk out. It all depended on how well Dante was in control of his jealousy to grant her freedom. Not that she enjoyed any lonely morning walks or going around town. There were strict laws of communication with her since she was dantes blood match. People had to treat her the way dante was treated. Kneeling and waiting to be addressed and not to speak unless asked a question. So sadly for her she wasn't going to make any friends like how she had done with her healer coven. The only people that were treating her normally were of course the residents of castle of spears who were of Ronas blood alongside their blood matches and of course palace residents and palace members. She cringed at the thought of the time she spent at the palace. Some days when Dante wasn't acting possessive and didn't mind her sharing company of others, Dante took her there for meal times to spend time with lady Leona, lord Eros and palace members. Athena actually preferred dining alone at castle of spears to going to the palace. All they discussed was her wedding.But that was what all changes in her circumstances of her second stay at castle of spears came down to.