115. Pure Heartache

Athena was in total shock. She looked at Donavan with wide eyes " You should never repeat what you said here. Dante would kill you for this. Why do you bring up something that you know I have no interest in discussing. You have always been my best friend and always will be. But i confess that i always knew you loved me. You never had to say it. Your eyes said it all whenever you were with me. I always knew you cared so much for me but I never thought you would risk saying it out loud. Don't you know who is out there Donavan? Don't you? He would murder you in a heart beat if he suspects you have feelings for me and he would make me watch. Don't say anymore."

Donavan narrowed his eyes " Come on Athena. If you already know that I love you then why not stand by me. I give you my word that I would guard you from Dante with my life. I would welcome dying for the woman I love. Please don't surrender ."

Athena said "Do you understand what you are saying? Donavan don't do this. Its too late to change my mind. I am giving myself up. I am meant for someone else and so are you. Your blood match is out there. I am sure you will meet her soon and you would forget all about me. Stop this madness Donavan. This is not the time to be emotional."

Donavan pleaded " I am not being emotional Athena. This is what I feel. This is what I have felt about you all these years. I always knew you were meant for Dante and I always knew my blood match is waiting. But do you really think this thought stopped me from feeling what I feel about you? No. It didn't. All these years my feelings have remained still the same for you. I love you more than anything in this world. Do you want me to show you how I feel? Tell me."

Donavan then took a step closer to Athena which made Athena step backwards. Donavan narrowed his eyes and kept walking towards her while she stepped back until Athena hit the bed and sat down without meaning to. Donavan was standing up towering over Athena.

Athena could feel the danger. She held her hands up and stopped Donavan in his tracks as he was leaning over towards her. " Look. Stop it right there Donavan. You can't do this. You would regret this and so would I if you act on your emotions towards me. It's one thing to say you love me but its another thing to ... Do what you were just about to do."

Donavan smiled sadly " I cant imagine him getting his hands on you. Don't expect me to stand around and watch you do this. I want to stop you from going to him at all costs. Let me show you how much I want you. Let me.... Kiss you. Please Athena. If you feel my love then you won't go to Dante."

Athena looked down " I don't deserve your friendship Donavan. You are an honourable and powerful warlock. Your difference with Dante is that you don't terrorise other people with your powers but Dante does. Also you respect a girl's decision about who to kiss. If Dante was in your position he would have forced his kisses on me but not you. I wish I loved you the way you want me to but I can't. You are my best friend. I can't see you differently. I wish I could."

Donavan tilted Athena's chin up with his hand. As Athena looked into his eyes she was devastated. Donavan looked broken " Athena. My heart is breaking. But it does not matter. The pain of my Heartbreak is nothing compared to what you will experience when you go to him. Athena, I am willing to go through the worst torments and pains on this earth to save you from falling into the hands of a man who believes empathy and caring for others is a weakness. Living with that man would break you Athena. Please. Dont go to him. I don't really care what Dante does to me if he finds out that i love you and i am trying to take you away from him. I dont fear death. But i fear you giving yourself up to Dante. I would do anything Athena that you ask of me. Anything. Stay with me. I would prove to you that i am worthy of your love. One day you may love me. Please. Give me a chance. I would love you and I would protect you even if you hold no feelings for me."