66. Everything at Stake

As the young recruits landed at their destinations, they all gasped in awe. They were now standing right in the middle of a large space surrounded by various buildings in a circular pattern. The architecture was just flawless even though the base was just a temporary one built only for the purpose of the strike on the western territory which was going to happen in 3 days time. The recruits noticed the presence of a tall head enforcer with about a dozen enforcers behind her standing in military stance. She spoke ; " Thank you guards for accompanying these young recruits all the way from Arkansas. You may return to your stations now." As she said the words, the guards who had accompanied the recruits disappeared.

The head enforcer continued " Before we begin with any formal introductions, may I introduce to you to Nitizya." The recruits gasped as a girl came out from behind the enforcers who had shielded her from view till now. She looked quite familiar but no one recognised her. But the waves of curiosity were overwhelming them.

The head enforcer smiled " It seems like you are quite eager to know her identity. She just happens to be the missing sister of superior commander Nathan. She was located recently and I hope you all make her feel welcome. Well, she is in the same position as you are. She has also been selected to take part in the interviews alongside you. So this is one more person added to the list. Nitizya, why don't you go and stand next to them." Nitizya seemed quite nervous as she walked to wards the recruits. She found Serena looking most friendly so she stood next to her and turned to listen to the head enforcer's further instructions.

The head enforcer smiled " Very well. Now, I would like to inform you regarding the arrangements to do with your accommodation and your stay here. You will be allocated temporary residence at which you will be residing for now until after your interviews. Upon successful completion of your interview process, you will be moved into one of our special commander accomomodations. Your interviews would be held in 2 days time right before the attack on the western territory. Therefore please use your short stay here to prepare for the meeting with our master by speaking to commanders and learning from their experiences that they would be more than happy to share with you. You are encouraged to use your time by walking around the base at anytime of the day and visiting the various divisions. The commanders insist that you feel free to drop by anytime at their offices and even join them for meal times if you wish to. May I also remind you that martial law does not apply at this base since it is under close military survailance at all times. So you can even use night time to be actively walking around and learning about the Ronas army and how it is set up. Being questioned on the knowledge of the Ronas military is one of the most challenging parts of the interview process. Make sure you knock on every commanders door during these two days and collect as much information about what would be involved. Now, allow me to show you to your chambers now which of course is attached to a massive dining hall that you can use for socialising and during meal times. Any questions?"

The recruits remained silent and the enforcer sighed:" very well lets go to your residence." The young recruits followed the enforcer to the well designed and spacious building they were going to stay in temprarily. The enforcer spoke as she stopped at the lobby. She explained: " well, it is your choice which room you would like to pick. We have ensuite as well as shared chambers. Everything you need should be in your sphere packs, however my office is on this level. Please do not hesistate to come see me if you have questions or if you need anything. I leave you now. Good luck with the interviews and enjoy your stay."

The head enforcer left, but none of the recruits made any moves. They were still standing in the lobby and were looking at their surroundings with admiration and excitement. The fact that they were given free reign to do as they wished for two days was adding to the thrill of getting closer to their dreams of becoming a high ranked senior commander one day.