150. The Ronas War to Begin

As Arethusa opened her eyes she groaned as her head was hurting. She saw none other than Azalea sitting on a chair in front of her bed smiling at her "You are awake. About time."

Arethusa realised she was in Arethusa's room. Arethusa sighed "Why do I feel like this? I feel sick."

Azalea bit her lip and spoke "I am sorry. Its my brother's fault. Of course you feel like this. You healed ten Ronas induced fatal wounds within seconds. Ronas spells are hard to fight. I am surprised you saved all those ten vampires so quickly."

Arethusa spoke "Vampires? really?"

Azalea spoke "Yes. This castle is traditionally guarded by vampires."

Arethusa sat up on her bed and spoke "Look. I need to tell you something. Its about the reasons I ended up here. I was not sent by your father. I was ....."

Azalea spoke in a bored tone "I know why you are here. Your blood match sent a messenger sphere to Bran Castle whilst you were healing and knocked out."

Arethusa spoke "So you are not mad at me? You thought your father sent me and I never got the chance to clarify why i was here. I am so sorry. That ring was given to me by a wisdom sorcerer called Tiberious."

Azalea spoke "It doesn't bother me who has sent you and why you are here. But now we both know things are going to change. There is a war coming up. In that messenger sphere, octavian declared he was coming tomorrow to capture any family belonging to my father and of course get his blood match."

Arethusa spoke "So what are you and your brother going to do?"

Azalea spoke "Isnt it obvious? We fight. This castle is the gate to Europe. When this castle falls, Europe falls. My cousin Dante would take over Europe within days the minute we surrunder. I bet he doesnt know that himself how significant this castle is."

Arethusa was astonished "What are you talking about? How is this possible to take over a whole continent by overtaking this castle?"

Azalea spoke "Its not easy to explain. Once my cousin steps foot here, he would be able to do things that Archelous and I cant even dream of. He is powerful enough to .... summon the deadliest of enchantments from this castle and much more. I dont even know what I am talking about. There are things that only this castle can enable you to do. Thats all I know. My father has been saying to my brother and I what I have been telling you all our lives. We must protect this castle or there are consequences."

Arethusa spoke carefully "I dont think you would like my question but why does the prospect of Dante Ronas taking over this castle and europe concern you and your brother. He is a Ronas just like you. Why would you care?"

Azalea spoke "We dont care. You are right. But our father does. Archelous and I are willing to help protect this castle and defend it in any way we can since its our fathers wish. Its a Ronas loyalty issue. You wont understand. We cant refuse our father anything. We cant bring ourselves to break his heart. He has been pleading with us ever since we were toddlers that we must protect this castle at all costs. But like you said, the thought of Ronas overpowering a continent does not bother us. We dont care what happens to Europeans. We owe them nothing. they are not our people. Arkansasns only are. Besides, what are we? empaths?" She then laughed bitterly.

Arethusa felt uneasy. She was finding it harder and harder to trust Azalea. She was a Ronas and from the sound of it she wasnt different to any other Ronas.

Azalea spoke "Dont think I cant feel your waves of distrust and doubt. But trust me you wont last very long if you leave this castle. Your safest bet is to trust my brother and I to protect you from your blood match. He is going crazy over being away from you. You must keep away from him for a while untill he cools down."