134. Young Drifting Apart

Octavian was fuming. He had just left his father's prison chambers and was going for a walk. The place was hardly like a prison as the surroundings where his father was kept, was more like a house arrest arrangement. But his father's comfortable cell was not convincing him to cooperate with Octavian at all.

Alpha Augustus had indeed remained silent throughout Octavian's visit. Octavian had tried so hard to make him talk but he had failed. In his father's eyes he could only see dissapointment and it enraged him. He just wanted his father to be safe and more importantly he wanted his father to know how much he loved him but his father seemed to not accept that. Octavian had spent the past hour trying to reason with him about how grave the consequences could be if his father didnt co-operate tonight at the commemoration ceremony. The lack of response from his father to his request had raised an alarm for him. Now his only hope was that at least his father's commitment to his pack as an alpha was going to make him kneel to dante and retain his position to protect his pack. Also he was counting on his fathers desire to reunite with his blood match Valentina and give him more reason to be convinced that the best option was accepting defeat. It was just a hope. There was only one way to find out if his father had listened to a word he had said about complying with Dante's wishes and totally surrendering his loyalty to him. He had to wait for tonight and see.

Octavian suddenly felt a familiar presence close to him. One that was so calming and brought him peace for instantly. He looked around him and found himself looking at the main infirmary building. Sabrina was inside. She could feel her aura. He knew after trying to kill her blood match, he was the last person she wanted to see but he couldnt control his urg to go to her.

He took a deep breath and teleported himself to the inside of the infirmary to locate Sabrina. It didnt take him long to find her. She was in the intensive care unit on the very top floor sitting on a chair next to a bed that had non other than Edward looking unconscious and badly hurt. Sabrina stood up looking startled and swallowed hard. Octavian smiled "Hello mon amor."

Sabrina's eyes widened as she felt his waves of lust. She quickly put up a shield in front of herself and the bed Edward was lying on. She was standing protectively in front of her blood match and had no intention of letting Octavian hurt him. She spoke "Octavian... what are you doing here?."

Octavian raised an eyebrow "Why are you suddenly acting like I am a stranger. I just came here to say hello."

Sabrina shook her head "How can I look at you the same way Octavian? We used to be together but not anymore. I found my blood match or rather he found me and you tried to .... kill him. . You knew how much it would have hurt me if he died before I even got the chance to get to know him but you still went ahead with the duel. I begged you to back out of the duel but you ignored my pleas. Now dont you dare ask me why i am treating you like a stranger. Its because you are. I dont know you anymore. The Octavian that I used to love would have given me time and space to find myself. You used to love me so much that you would have let me go to my blood match if I had ever asked you to. But now I don't know you. You have changed so much."

Octavian laughed bitterly " You are unbelivable Sabrina. How can you just walk away from me into the arms of another man? How can you forget what we had? You betrayed me Sabrina. can you defend your actions?

Sabrina spoke "But I didnt run into the arms of just any man. Edward is my blood match. I must at least give him a chance to show me his love for me. How can you not undertand this? How can you just accuse me of forgetting you. I remember you and your caring side. I know the Octavian I used to know would never try to break my heart by accusing me of betraying him. I would have never betrayed you Octavian. Its just my destiny to be with Edward. Its not meant to be for us to be together. you must accept it just like how I have. Dont you even care how I feel? Dont you care that Edward is my blood match? I have to be with him."