86. The Condemned Heir

Octavian was thinking back to how on earth life had changed so quickly for him. Within a day, he had gone from a Ronas commander to the heir to the warrior pack's alpha. He had lost contact with all he had known and loved in his short 18 years of existence. Now he was standing next to his fathers chair in his throne room waiting for his father to acknowledge him and give him his next instructions after he had given the orders for Evelina and her three followers to be locked up.

Augustus turned to walk back to his chair. He stared at his son " Now I would like to have a word in my private chambers with you. I was not happy how you tried to run to those intruders ignoring my presence completely. Look around you Octavian. Everyone in this room is standing motionless in military stance waiting for me to instruct them. I am the alpha. If you disrespect me like that again, I would have to make an example out of you and punish you in public. You are lucky no one but me noticed your defiance back then. All eyes were on those low lives back there."

Octavian was speechless. He could not understand why his father was so obsessed with being worshiped. Octavian did not agree with him at all. He really wanted to tell his father how he thought he was turning into Dante Ronas, the being that he despised. He wanted to tell Augustus how he felt that he was resembling his sworn enemy more and more as he was getting to know him. Octavian really wanted to tell his father to stop trying to intimidate and terrorise the people around him just because he could but he didn't dare. He was reckless surely but he was not crazy. He could recognise that his father meant every word. He didn't want to be punished if he could avoid it by the father he had just met. He didn't want the start of his relationship with the man he dreamt of meeting all these years to be ruined. Octavian was also determined to build a strong relationship with his father and gain his trust so he could soon get the chance to convince his father to help rescue Sabrina. He surely couldn't be in his fathers most trusted list if he was to defy him in any way.

Augustus turned to those present in his throne room and roared " I would like to propose that preparations for the feast in honour of my son to start now. You have one hour to transform the feast halls into a state that is deserving of the occasion of the heir to your alpha being found. You have one hour. I wish to retire to my chambers to continue my catching up with my son."

Augustus, then walked to Octavian and grabbed his hand roughly. Octavian felt himself being lifted from the floor and then found himself landing on the ground in his fathers chambers as Augustus teleported them. Octavian gulped. His father was towering over him and looking at his son with rage. He got closer to Octavian and rested his hands on his shoulders.

Augustus spoke with a formal and cold tone that he reserved for his throne room. There were no hints of emotion in his tone at all. Octavian could hardly recognise his father now. He was in full alpha mode "Octavian. You are my son and I care for you. But you are no exception to my rules. I probably should have had this talk at the beginning with you. I have laws similar to the Ronas protocols here. Only they are called the midnight warriors code of conduct. There are rules here to follow. I am your father but also your alpha and your superior therefore, you should never contradict me or challenge me. You are my heir and the highest ranked individual after me, you are allowed to question me in private but others don't even have that privilege. It's just you who has that freedom. My pack's survival depends on compliance of strict rules and discipline. Now I am going to give you the chance to defend yourself. Why did you try to run towards our enemies and defy me in public. There were 4 intruders captured and brought to me to be punished. How can you justify defending them."

Octavian was looking at his father in disbelief. He couldn't believe that this man who ruled a pack with an iron fist was truly his father.

The silent angered Augustus further. His grip on Octavians shoulders tightened and Octavian groaned in pain. Octavian spoke quickly " I am sorry father. But I ..... know the intruders. I used to go to Phoenux academy with them. Evelina is the leader of her 3 member pack and despises the Ronas and the Arkansan laws with a passion. When they were brought into the throne room, I expected you to welcome them into our pack and not lock them up. How do you expand your pack father then if you don't accept recruits from the outside. Xander told me that your pack is getting bigger so I assumed you are kind to outsiders."