85. Unknown Territory

Augustus was now intensely gazing at his son while he was drinking his apricot whiskey. He was admiring his sons waves of power and smirked: " I am so glad that Dante didnt get to keep his hands on you. If I were him, i would have locked you up in fear that you might lead an uprising against him. I wonder if your mother keeping you in the dark helped save you from that destiny. Its either that or Dante is too confident in his powers that he does not count anyone as a threat. Did you know that I used to be second in command to Eros? The leadership team was a perfect trio. Me, Xanders father and Seans father. That was until Eros found out I was descended from the people of Valera. He instantly demoted me and gave me a position in the Phoenix academy. I refused of course. I was an army commander. Not some academic. So I knew it was time to say goodbye to Arkansas. Your mother refused to come with me of course as you know. Never mind. I see Dante has followed in his fathers footsteps and appointed their children as his leadership team. I wonder what he really was planning for you."

Octavian looked up at his father and took a deep breath: "He wanted to use me to locate you. He believed that I was the only one who could possibly track you successfully."

Augustus looked menacing as he heard this " He will pay for this. He will pay a big price for trying to make you fight against me. It is not your fault son. I should have looked harder for you and rescued you from being raised in Arkansas. Then he couldnt possibly get his hands on you and force you to serve him. But all is in the past now. You are safely with me and no one can take you away from me. This palace is undetectable. Enough said. I think it is time to summon Xander to give you a tour of my territory. You may have noticed that there are no windows in any of the rooms. That is because this huge palace is built inside a mountain. Not only that my entire territory is built beneath the ground and stretches across Marsya's valley. I have some of my main offices and my main army bases built inside other mountains too. There is a very organised underground network that links my territory in a circular shape."

As the information registered in his mind, Octavian choked on his drink and started coughing. Augustus smiled " I know its hard to imagine but it is true. My architects are the best in the world. The Ronas have the knowledge too but they are not going to build residence inside mountains. They would see it as hiding. I see it as defence against our enemies. There is really no difference bewteen a normal residence above the ground and one underneath. The only downside is the lack of windows but there are monitor spheres that basically show images of whats outside."

Octavian spoke with disbeleief " I cant believe this. Has any outsider ever located this base?"

Augustus smirked " Of course not. My territory is not penetratable. My architects built my territory using many building materials from the sacred river. The only way anyone can teleport inside my territory is if they they reach a specific spot which is inside a cave behind Marsya's waterfall. Then they will directly get themselves to my army biggest building. Any intruder would be dead before the reach the civilians. Do you know where Marisya's waterfall is?"

Octavian nodded " Yes, I know where that waterfall is. They say Ronas's blood match, Uzzia named the waterfall after her idol who was a legend in the far east, the Great sorceres Marisya. I think there is a waiting list in Arkansas for couples to come to this region and get married next to the waterfall. They believe it would bless their marriage if they seal their reunions in a location that is named after a legend."

Augustus nodded "Its good to see you have some knowledge of history. i was getting worried there. You told me history was your least favourite subject and you always were sent to the head trainers office in Phoenix Academy back in your schooling days when you were misbehaving in lessons. You see. I think knowledge is power. You may have mastered all other arts with flying colours but you wont last long if you dont study the history of magical beings. Therefore I am going to appoint Tanzanite, my wisdom sorcerer as your tutor in history. Trust me, she will make you an expert in a short period of time."