180. Loving his beautiful rose

Dante was holding Athena tightly as he was taking in her form. He loved her so much and he had nearly lost her. It really bothered him that she had stopped him from staying longer to face his newly surfaced rival. Vasco was too dangerous to be left walking around free. He had to be dealt with. It was a matter of time before he reached his full potential as an elemental lord.

Moments of silence went past. Dante was holding Athena tightly on the rooftop. He stood up carrying her bridal style as they were staring at each other in silence.

Dante was the one to break the silence first. He whispered in an annoyed tone "What were you thinking? You could get hurt Athena. I only had seconds left to get you out of there. You could get even more weaker as time went on and then you couldn't get through the portal. You would have been stuck there in that place for a while.... When an elemental lord and a Ronas duel, it gets dangerous. My instinct would have taken over to defeat him and also his instinct would have taken over too. We would have performed spells we don't even know we are capable of casting. Elementals and the Ronas have hidden powers of survival like no other kind. How could you you risk your life? We were about to fight. I could feel it Athena. I could feel my instinct kicking. You could get hurt...." He then teleported her away to his bedroom. He laid her down gently and sat at the edge of the bed.

Athena smiled weakly as she was struggling to keep her eyes open "Thank you Dante... for listening to me." She then looked concerned "I couldnt let you stay there. He wanted to hurt you. He had dark intentions. It was his land. He had the home advantage. You cant defeat him in his home just like how he cant defeat you in Ronas castle. You should only take him on in neutral territory or your castle. Every brick in the walls of the Castle of Spears answers to you. Every pillar in his home answered to him. You were going to be hurt badly.... He really hates you.... Why?"

Dante laughed "Everyone hates me. But for the information, I hate him too. The feeling is mutual. In his people's eyes, I should have never been born and in my eyes he should not exist. His people have a prophecy of their own.... But our feud runs deeper than you think. I am his sworn enemy and a threat to his kind because I am quite powerful.... Also, its personal since his father loved my mother. His father Vlad tried everything he could to abduct my mother but it didnt happen..."

Athena was shocked "What about Vlad's blood match?"

Dante stated " I dont know. They met after my mother got married. He just wanted to make sure my father didnt have her. He probably just wanted her to have heirs and the marriage would have broken apart. My mother is of a very powerful bloodline just like you are..." Suddenly an emotion crossed his eyes. He got up from the bed and walked to the window "Why am I sitting here talking when I should get you some healing potions... but my nature doesnt let me. I dont want anyone near you. I know only Alexander can heal you because he is the most skilled but he is a man. I cant let him near you... But maybe I should ... I could try but might end up killing him...."

Athena spoke "I will be fine if I rest. There is no remedy... Trust me."

Dante stated at Athena searching her eyes " If you say so for now ..... You know, I was so afraid of Vasco hurting you.... if he is anything like his father, he would want to have you and have heirs with you so it would be his blood through your child's veins and not mine... He is capable of such immorality... So I am now very sensitive with males around you. You are safe in this castle. He cant reach you here just like how I cant reach him in his own castle easily. I only got in because you were there.... My heart beats for you. Of course I could get you there...."

Athena spoke "But they can strike again. He wont stop until he gets what he wants or you defeat him. He has Archelous by his side. As years go by Archelous would become more dangerous. I heard Vasco telling him that Octavian is his match."

Dante smiled as he sat on the edge of the bed "Look at you having a civil conversation with me after running from me for so long. Why do you care about my side to win? I thought you would want me to lose."

Athena sighed "I think you know the answer. Vasco is much worse than you. His aura is much darker than yours. His aura matches Archelous's. Both have darker minds than you do believe it or not and .... they want to hurt me and they want to hurt you. If you fall, they would take over the world..... I am really worried Dante. They are not peaceful at all. They just want revenge and their ambitions havent even come to the surface. Even Archelous claims he just wants his parents' freedom but thats not just it. He wants triumph and power... but in even more extreme ways than you do. I never thought it was even possible to feel so much darkness in any room like how it was back there. They didnt care that I was innocent and not their enemy. They were willing to do anything to me as long as they achieved what they wanted. At least you spared my home, Alaska. They would destroy Alaska and all innocents living there if they felt they needed to...."

Dante sighed "I think you need to rest my love. You should. I also don't want you trying to leave this castle. Don't even open the windows here when I am missing..... If you rest and do as I say then, tomorrow I may let you see your sister... It may help with your healing...."

Athena gasped " Really? Can I see her now? Please... She must be worried. We do have a bond. I could tell she could feel my distress..."

Dante sighed and turned sharply from his spot next to the window "No. Not a chance. She is coming no where near you to tonight... Tonight only I will touch you. I will need to hold you in my arms as I lay beside you. Tonight I will need to hear your heartbeats next to mine when I sleep...I just do... My instincts tell me I should. If I bring your sister now, I won't be responsible for my actions.... She is not my favourite person right now.... It was bad enough I lifted her curse ..... Now my dear brother has his wish..."

Athena gasped "You lifted off the curse. How? Why?..."

Dante laughed bitterly and started pacing the floor " You know you really don't need to ask me that? It wasn't easy to let her go but I had to do it... I think I am turning soft for you." He then stopped walking around in the room and turned to her staring at her intensely " My beautiful rose... I missed you."

Athena whispered weakly "I missed you too, my dark minded handsome saviour." She then smiled weakly and felt her eye lids become heavy as she was lying in bed. She was close to sleeping.

Dante looked down at his beloved's almost unconscious body's lying form on his bed deep in thought. She had been conscious for not so long after he had carried her through the portal. His timing was correct. He knew she was going to blank out soon and he knew it was a challenge to get her through the portal unharmed if she wasn't awake. He stared at her and took a deep breath. He slowly laid down close to Athena on the bed as Athena completely lost the battle to keep her eyes open. She closed her eyes as she whispered. " Thank you Dante." Then she fell into a deep sleep.

Dante sighed. It was his doing of course. He didn't want her to look exhausted. It bothered him. It was his instinct to want to protect her. He leaned close and kissed her forehead. He whispered"Next time. When I say jump into the portal, then jump... How much more do you want to defy me woman?" He then smiled " But again you are my blue rose. You can defy me all you want as long as you are mine."