18. Reunions

Donavan found the sight of Athena heart warming. She was standing there in the middle of his living room in all her glory and beauty. Seeing her for the first time in three years reminded him of how much he missed her company. The camping trips with her pack was not the same any more. She was the strongest witch Donavan had ever met and one of the few non-prejudiced noble Arkansans. She always made others around her calm and at ease and right now she was working her hardest.

There was a heated discussion between the half a dozen red cloaked figures and his four guests. Evelina and her trio were shouting loudly at the cloaked figures and Athena was trying to calm everyone and get them to sit down.

Donavan's living room suddenly became a war zone, Evelina started by throwing a ray of light at one of the cloaked figures and suddenly there were spells and counter spells flying around the room. They were too busy with their confrontation that they had not noticed the stunned Donavan still standing at the entrance of his living room. Athena was trying her hardest to calm her girls and just when she was succeeding, Evelina kept shouting orders to Keith, Ethan and Lydia to strike back.

Oh, Oh, Donavan knew that look. That was temperamental Athena. He smirked to himself: "it was nice knowing you Evelina. you should have never brought your trio around here. Get ready to feel the force of Athena's fury when she runs out of patience" Donavan thought to himself. And here it happened. There was a loud explosion with an intense orange light and a dark grey smoke spread throughout the room. Suddenly the noise died down and it was not possible to hear a pin drop. Donavan found out why as the light and smoke cleared away. All the cloaked figures and Evelina and her trio were pinned to the walls of the living room by an unseen force and had quietened down either due to the shock of their powers not working to counter attack Athena's spell or it was part of the spell to not let them break the silence.

"Donavan?. is that you" the happiness on Athena's beautiful face was evident.

Athena ran towards him from where she was standing in the middle of the room and embraced him in a hug that made Donavan forget his pain of losing her best friend for the past three years."Uh, I can't believe its been three years. You have changed so much." Athena said. "You mean to say I am more handsome now." Donavan smiled at Athena.

Athena ignored his playfulness and remembered she had an angry healer coven and furious pack of half-werewolf, half warlock freedom fighters to address. Athena changed her tone to serious and talked; "I am going to release you from my spell but this time, we will take turns to talk and would listen carefully to each other. Anyone who interrupts the peaceful discussions would be back on the wall for the rest of the meeting. I hope you all have understood because I never joke."

Athena waved her hand and deep breaths of relief filled the room. All were looking at Athena in awe and amazement. Donavan was not so affected because he was familiar with Athena's powers. She never liked attention and displaying her power at high force was only happening at rare occasions when she had no choice. But when she did display her power, she always left witnesses speechless just like right now.

"Now I start this meeting. Please take a seat. There are enough sofas and chairs in this room for all of us luckily because Donavan is used to having large groups over. Thank you Donavan for allowing us to stay." as the group sat down, Athena took a deep breath and carried on "but before we start lets make introductions to Donavan. He needs to know whom have taken over his house as their temporary base." Athena explained.

Athena then turned to Donavan and gestured to the red cloaked figures. "Donavan meet "the healer coven". you have heard of their names as they are well known for helping the innocents wherever they go. but you probably have never met them because they always relocate to avoid capture."