25. Painful Family Hours

Edwin was writing up reports on the recent discoveries made about healing uses of Arkansan gemstones. It had taken him all day to get to near the end of this report which would have taken an average warlock days to write. He was aware of his masters stern approach to the record keeping qualities. Dante was known to be personally checking each and every record. Therefore, Edwin was sure he needed to spend at least the next day on just proof reading the files to ensure he won't ever be facing his masters fury.

He suddenly remembered the last time his master had asked him to report to him. He was so shaken from fear and was overwhelmed by the waves of power around him, he could not say any words. If he had not recovered on time, in the best possible scenario he would have been spending quality time in the dungeons for weeks. Edward had later on told him about Demetrious's sacrifice using that life saving spell. He felt so much gratitude and respect to the brave Ronas. He still had not found the courage to ask what had happened when Demetrious was kept behind that day. He was alive but surely he had faced his brothers fury in some way. He had shown empathy and interrupted Dante. No one was immune if they committed such crimes in presence of their master. Edwin had to talk to Demetrious. He felt he needed to tell him how grateful he was at some point. Now was a good time. Since his master wasn't anywhere near to find out about the discussions going on between his commanders about empathy.

Edwin thought about how he hadn't seen Demetrious all day. He tried to sense his powers in the building. It was unlikely to be able to find him at this hour, after all it was almost home time. He suddenly felt the presence of Demetrious's powers on the top floor of one of the Private Repository buildings. Demetrious seemed to be most likely inside one of the Royal Sealed Storage Chambers. Edwin had been to that section before only when trying to update the records on the enforcers working in his division. That section contained all data collected on all Arkansan citizens as well as their work history and reports. The enforcers who updated the files relating to their own divisions feared the temptation of looking into the files relating to their own or their family members. own files. Every tiny detail was recorded and some content may have even contained inappropriate intimate details. There was another reason that people with access to this section would resist looking into the files. Indeed the crime of leaking secrets from this section was too heavy that people preferred to keep away from reading the files to avoid any possible prosecution as prime suspects if there was ever a leak of information.No one wanted to be charged with treason.

Edwin closed his eyes and teleported to the dreaded section. As his foot touched the ground. He was tackled and pinned to the floor with an unseen force. He was too stunned at the force. He could not even move a muscle. "Oh I am so sorry Edwin." And as he heard Demetrious's voice, the unseen force was lifted and he started breathing heavily from the side effects of being assaulted. He felt too dizzy to stand up. He managed to shakily sit and look up. Demetrious was sitting on the floor and had about a dozen files scattered around him. The Ronas spoke to him in an apologetic tone "I am so sorry Edwin. I though you were an assassin. Normally, enforcers go home around this time. I didn't expect to see you? Are you all right Edwin. You look dazed." Edwin was feeling light headed and weak. The last thing he remembered was Demetrious getting up and everything disappeared.

When Edwin opened his eyes he found himself laying on a soft comfortable bed. The room was huge with beautiful chandeliers and white furniture. He saw the black and red wall papers and he then realiaed he must be somewhere in the Ronas properties and the enlarged family portraits of the House of Ronas over the generations made him alarmed. "This cant be. Am I in Demetrious's chambers?" He suddenly stood up and went to open the door. He had to make his way to the mansion soon or his mother would be furious.

To his relief, the door opened and Demetrious entered with a bowl holding a green substance. It smelled like a remedy. "Oh you are up. I have brought you something to help you get your energy back before teleporting to your residence. That is unless you don't mind staying here. I have multiple bedrooms attached to my bedroom. No one would disturb you. I promise." He put the bowl on the table and looked at Edwin demanding an answer.