0.7

𓅓

𓅓

— Finley entered the Great Hall. The students were already sorted and sat in their house tables.

She found the red and yellow colors quickly, making her way to her friends.

Finley walked up to them, seeing the large space between Harry and the rest of the table. She took the open seat on his left.

He looked at her, smiling. Immediately, she could see his body relax at her arrival.

"Good evening, children." Dumbledore greeted.

Finley looked up at the man she hadn't seen in weeks before the last.

"Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge."

The room is silent, no applaud following.

"And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professor good luck."

Still, silence.

"As usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you..."

Dumbledore is interrupted by the high-pitched clearing of a throat. The woman stands, approaching the front.

Finley rolls her eyes.

"She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge." Harry informs the group quietly.

"Looks like a real treat," Finley comments sarcastically about the pink-dressed lady. When she began to speak, Finley tuned her out completely.

She only started paying attention again when everyone started clapping and Dumbledore spoke.

"What's it mean?" Harry questions.

"It means the Ministry is interfering at Hogwarts," Hermione concluded.

Harry sucks in a breath, leaning to his left. His shoulder brushed Finley's. She tapped his knee with her hand.

He looked over to her, nodding appreciatively.

After she finished eating, she stood from the table, working herself to the front of the room. Whispers spread like wildfire as she met up with Dumbledore at the staff table.

"Where is my room?" She questioned. Dumbledore nodded, almost as if he was forgetful.

"Follow Professor McGonagall, she'll lead you there."

The female professor stood up from her chair, leading Finley.

"So," the professor started as they exited the Great Hall. "How are you liking the school so far?"