6.9

𓅓

𓅓

— The air was unusually still. As if the atmosphere sensed what happened.

Harry breathed heavy, laying in the sand. His mind raced. It cleared with only one person in his thoughts: Finley.

"Fin!" He stood up with a stagger, looking around.

Finley was already up and moving, soothing a shaking Hermione. "You're okay, Mione. You're all right, we're safe."

Harry approached the three, wrapping Finley in his arms, slightly picking her up off the wet sand.

Finley turned herself around, wrapping her arms around his neck.

He hugged her for a second, rubbing his hand up and down her back. Harry pulled away just a bit, looking her over. He gripped her chin in his hand, lifting her head to view her wounds a bit better.

"I'm fine," she murmurs, trying to brush him away. "Just a few scratches. Mione's worse off." She looked over his shoulder slightly. "Harry..."

"Harry Potter..."

Harry heard the weak voice. He snapped his whole body in the direction. That's when he spotted Dobby.

He immediately started his way to the elf, getting to him just in time as Dobby fell into Harry's arms.

"Dobby..."

The elf gasped between his breaths. Dobby clutched his stomach, eyes squinted in agony.

"Finley, Dobby! Please, Fin, come help!" Harry pleaded, rubbing down the elf's head.

Finley nodded, approaching the elf with an exhausted look in her eyes.

Harry pulled the knife from Dobby's chest. "Dobby. No, just... hold on. Hold on. Look, Finley's coming– she's coming to save you."

Finley's eyes drooped down. She sat down beside the two, holding her hand on Dobby's wound. "Harry, he's a magical creature. My magic... I don't think I-"

"Try, Finley! Just try!" Harry shouted in desperation, his eyes welling with tears.

Finley nodded solemnly.

As she held her hand over Dobby, Dobby spoke to Harry in a weak, quiet voice.

"Such a beautiful place... to be with friends."

"Stop talking like you're going to die!" Finley murmured aggressively, straining her magic to try and save the elf. She could feel the mental block between herself and the creature.

Harry begins to sob, laying his head down on Dobby's head.

Finley leans forward, whispering in Harry's ear. "I can't. I'm sorry, Harry, but I can't."

"Don't say you can't!" He snapped, shaking his head with a crazed motion. Reality hit him like a brick to the face.

"Dobby is happy... to be with his friend... Harry Potter."