5.0

𓅓

𓅓

— "How is it they knew we were there?" Harry spoke up as the four marched down the sidewalk. They had to get somewhere safe for the night.

"Maybe you still have The Trace on you?" Hermione suggested.

"Can't be. Trace breaks at 17. It's Wizarding Law." Ron grounded. He stood in the middle with Harry. Finley was on Harry's side and Hermione was on Ron's.

Hermione gasped loudly, stopping in her tracks. Ron instantly snaps back to get to her. "What?"

The group stops to wait for Hermione's answer. "We didn't celebrate your birthday, Harry." Hermione whimpered. "Ginny, Robin and I, we prepared a cake." The group walked again.

Harry kept flicking his head to look at her then look back forward.

"We were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding."

"Look, Hermione, honestly, I appreciate the thought, but, really, given the fact that we were almost killed by a couple of Death Eaters-"

"Not almost killed," Finley cut off.

"-a few minutes ago..." Harry continued. "Besides, Finley told me happy birthday so I'm good."

"Right. Perspective." Hermione sighed.

"We need to get off the streets, get somewhere safe."

+++

The housing finished separating, filling in the number 12. Finley took a deep breath in at the place.

12 Grimmauld Place.

She hadn't been here since the death of Sirius Black– no one has.

Finley approached first, wand drawn as she opened the door. She flicked the light switch that was right inside.

It looked just as it did when she last saw it– just a lot more dusty.

Something started to form in front of them. A sand figure, almost. It started to advance towards the four. Harry grabbed Finley and turned them to where his back was towards the figure, just as it exploded around them.

The figure looked like Dumbledore.

Hermione screamed once in freight. The group breathed heavily as it got quiet once again.

"What was all that about?" Ron questioned, sounding out of breath.

Hermione sighed, calming down. "Probably Mad-Eye's idea, case Snape decided to come snooping."

"Slimey git," Finley chuckled. She missed the wizard.

There was a clanging in the distance. The group froze again, holding their breath.

Finley stepped forward, raising her hands. With the magic, any human near would be forced to reveal themselves.

After a moment, no one appeared.

"We're alone."

+++

Finley moaned as she fell face first on the dusty, red-velvet couch. She was exhausted, and she hurt.

Harry stood in front of the sofa, his hands on his hips, a hip popped to the side.

"Don't look at me like that," she muttered with her face dug in the cushion.

"Like what? I'm not looking at you any way. How would you even know? Your face is down in the sofa," Harry said in a humorous tone.

"Shut it," Finley rolled over, her chest up. The right side throbbed, but the pain was less.

"So bossy," Harry grumbled playfully. He fell on the couch with her, landing beside her, face down like how she once was. His breathing was slowing, calming down from the eventful day.

Finley reached her far hand over her body to Harry's head. She ran her fingertips through the ends of his hair. He hummed in delight and content.

The two sat there, just enjoying the comfortable silence.

It was probably one of the few times they'd be able to in the next few months.

It was interrupted when the other two– Hermione and Ron– entered the room.

"I'll take the floor," Ron spoke up. "No snogging tonight." He looked pointedly at the couple on the sofa.

Harry and Finley didn't answer. They both had their eyes closed, and they both breathed evenly.

"Not tonight, Ron." Hermione spoke up quietly. "Go to bed."

"Night, guys." Finley stated as the lights turned out.

"Knew you weren't asleep," Ron said out in the darkness.

When Finley went to respond, but couldn't. Lips were on hers, feverishly. She responded instantly, raising her hand to hold the back of Harry's neck. He was hovering over her, his hands on either side of her head.

The two were quiet enough to not disturb the others.

But Finley had a suspicion the other two definitely knew.

Finley gave him one more quiet peck before pushing him away. She raised herself up to kiss him again. Harry chuckled quietly at his redhead girlfriend.

"Had enough?" He projected into her mind. Finley shook her head in the darkness. She turned her body away from him, her little bit of self control allowing her to do so.

"Good night, Harry."

+++
Author's Note: shorter chapter than usual, but I wanted the storyline to be timed right. So, bare with me. The next one will be longer to even it out.
- J.S.

S