6.0

𓅓

𓅓

— Bathilda's fingers held a match as she tried to light a small candle in her hand.

"Here. Let me do that." Harry took the match from the old woman who seeped with dark and gloom.

How had Harry not seen the signs sooner?

Finley walked around the living room, her wand drawn in front of her, not only for light, but for defense.

She definitely did not trust this Bathilda lady. It all seemed sketchy.

Hermione stayed behind Harry, sticking close to either him or Finley.

Bathilda and Harry held eye contact, as Harry lit the match and caught the candle aflame.

The high-pitch started to squeal in Harry's ears, leading it to squeal in Finley's as well.

The redhead snapped her head to the noise. She hated that noise.

But, she didn't think too much about it. Harry had been wearing the Horcrux. That's all.

She walked up to him as the woman walked away.

Finley kissed his cheek softly as she slipped it off his neck, putting it on her own instead.

Immediately, the noise for Harry dimmed to barely anything.

It only increased for Finley.

There was no escaping it.

He nodded to her in appreciation before walking off to search the room. Harry held the still-lit match in his hand, nearing it towards a portrait of a young adult male.

Finley recognized him from somewhere.

"Miss Bagshot...w-who is this man?" Harry spoke up about his confusion. He had grown more confident in the person he was– including the curiousness that follows.

Harry picked up the picture frame, showing it to the woman. She crept forward with her candle. She gave the picture one last glance before trudging past the boy in fragile round glasses.

"Harry," Hermione whimpered in a whisper pleadingly as Harry followed Bathilda mindlessly up the spiral stairs.

"Don't worry, Mione. I got us." Finley's words fought against what she said only moments ago. "I'm staying with you," she comforted. "Notice how she hasn't even uttered a word yet?"

"Careful, Har. I don't trust her. I have a bad feeling." After Finley spoke into his mind, she kept the connection wide open. She could feel every feeling of every thought he had. It was like an open river after a dam was lifted.

Hermione nodded confidently, her eyes softening to a more calm color.

"I'm always careful," Harry remarked. Finley rolled her eyes.

She was the first to start snooping around. Finley took a turn down a long hallway, keeping Hermione close behind her.

Hermione picked up a book, looking over the title. It was the book about Dumbledore Rita Skeeter wrote with the help of Bathilda.

Finley continued on, skimming her hand along the crusty walls. The wallpaper, she could tell, was years old.

A small buzzing sounded behind a cracked door.

Finley tilted her head slightly, curiousness mixing with caution. She tightened the grip on her wand.

It was seconds before Hermione was behind her, following with her towards the door.

Finley held an uneasy feeling as she pushed her hand against the door. It wasn't much force, but it got the door to swing wide.

A corpse– more like a mauled carcass. It hung from the ceiling, slowly swinging side to side. Bugs– flies– flew all around it, noisily. Shivers ran up Finley's spine. Blood coated the walls around and above the body. It ruined the old-timey wallpaper. The body was almost unrecognizable. But the two girls knew exactly who it was; the real Bathilda Bagshot.

"Harry!" Hermione desperately screamed the moment Finley shouted furiously, "Potter!"

Finley turned around, not giving another thought as she darted up the stairs.

A hissing sounded from the upstairs. Clattering and banging soon following.

"Ah!" She heard Harry scream from a room to her right. She immediately turned into the room, catching the sight of Harry wrapped up in a snake–Nagini.

Before she could do anything about it, Harry had a brick in his hand and he was slamming it down on the body of the terrifyingly large reptile.

He stumbled backwards, crawling behind him as he tried to get away.

Finley sprung into action as the snake started to slither after him. From behind, she could cast a curse at the snake. But that threatens to hit Harry with the curse.

Using her second best option, Finley wrapped her body around the snake to try and suffocate it.

As soon as she had her hands around it, she started sending it electric shocks with her magic.

Finley grunted as the snake flung itself around to get away from the redhead.

She soon put distance between her and the snake. Now, she stood in front of Hermione and Harry, protecting them at the angle.

Harry gasped for air, catching his breath from almost being choked to death.

"I think now is the time to leave," Finley snarked her reply.

It was quiet in the house once again as the three watched the hole the snake had disappeared into. Harry's wand lay right beside it.

Taking her careful time, Finley took back the wand, handing it behind her to the nearest person– it being the blonde female.

Harry stood behind the bed, waiting.

Just as all was still, the snake leapt from the hole, aiming its open jaw at the raven-haired boy.

"Confringo!" Hermione shouted, casting the spell at Nagini. The snake flew out of the window, shattering the glass as it fell away.

Finley closed her eyes for a second, wishing it all to just stay as it was; silent.

"Come on, we have to leave." Hermione yelped, grabbing the other two and ushering them out of the creepy home of the dead woman.

Finley hadn't had another moment to think before she was pushed along. Pushed past the row of homes. Pushed past the childhood of Harry. Pushed past Harry's parents, who lay six feet under in the graveyard. And pushed into the Apparation that led them away into hiding, once again.

Just as it was.

+++
- J.S.

S