8.1

𓅓

𓅓

— Finley and Neville stumbled over the rubble and rocks. The redhead of the two had a bottle of firewhiskey dangling from her fingertips.

Finley raised the glass bottle, taking a swirl of the alcoholic beverage. She stopped, standing tall on a higher piece of stone.

Neville took one look back at her, before he crouched down to pick up the Sorting Hat that– throughout all this destruction– stayed mostly in tact.

Neville stood still, brushing off some of the dirt the hat had obtained.

A silvery sound escaped from the hat.

"You know, Nev, I should really get you cleaned up. You lo-" Finley cut herself off.

A crowd of black approached the partially crumbled castle from the bridge.

"Out here, now." Finley demanded into the minds of the Order members.

Finley stumbled forward, discarding the bottle of alcohol off to the side. She was quickly surrounded by everyone as they made their way outside.

The Death Eaters approached once again. Finley's breath hitched.

Time seemed to slow as they made their way closer and closer to the castle. At the very front of the group, Voldemort.

Neville continued to step forward.

Finley went to join him, but McGonagall held her hand out knowingly.

The redhead scanned the group that drew nearer. "Who is that? In Hagrid's arms? Minerva?"

"Neville, who is it?" Ginny, who was accompanied by her father, started to speak up as well.

"Harry Potter... IS DEAD!"

"NO!" Finley screamed at the sight of the boy's body. It was like reality had hit her in the face, once again.

Immediately, many others jumped on Finley to hold her down

Immediately, many others jumped on Finley to hold her down. Finley screamed, and kicked, and screamed.

She broke from the others, marching forward to stand in front of her side. Finley had almost made it past Neville, when she stopped dead in her tracks. No movements or sounds came from her.