7.6

𓅓

𓅓

The room, as she remembered, was clustered and full of artifacts. "We'll never find it in here."

"Split up. Cover more ground."

Finley did as told, taking a sudden right.

She started to vigorously search every pile she passed. It was rushed and very unorganized.

It was only a few minutes when Finley heard a familiar whistling.

She ran to the direction, finding Harry already standing over a table. There, in an opened box, was a diadem– Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem.

Finley approached him from behind, eyeing the Horcrux– one of the very few left.

"Well, well." A voice spoke from a ways away. Finley flinched at the prescence she hadn't sensed.

Finley looked up, spotting the familiar white-haired boy. Her head tilted. He stood leaning more on his right. Be sported a fading bruise right under his eye.

Blaise and Goyle were on his flanks, the three boys aiming their wands at the pair.

This, Finley also understood.

"What brings you here, Potter?" Draco inquired, teasingly. He didn't bring Finley's name up in the conversation.

"I could ask you the same."

Harry shot Finley a side glance. She had told him Draco had changed; he was good.

"It's a show. Has to if he wants to survive. Go along, I won't let him hurt you," Finley spoke gently into Harry's mind.

"You have something of mine. I'd like it back."

"What's wrong with the one you have?" Harry waved a hand. He still hadn't drawn his wand.

Finley was behind him, a gentle hand on his back. Her wand stayed firm in her back pocket. But her fingers twitched with every new sentence.

"It's my mother's. It's powerful, but it's not the same. Doesn't quite understand me. Know what I mean?"

"Why didn't you tell her? Bellatrix. You knew it was me. You didn't say anything."

Draco flinched the slightest, eyes casting to Finley– a look of desperation on his face.

"Come on, Draco." Goyle coaxed in his ear. "Don't be a prat. Do him."

Finley shifted her footing. She cared for Draco– enough– but she wouldn't let anything happen to Harry, no matter who was on the other end.

"Easy," Draco warned as he watched Harry shift to get more in front of Finley. The movement may have looked offensive.

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione, who had just came in, shot at Draco. The wand flew from his hand, and Draco leaned away.