5.5

𓅓

𓅓

— Harry sat at the table, his head rested on top of the dark wood as he slept uncomfortably. But it was sleep, nevertheless.

Ron and Finley sat beside each other on a rigidity bed, a silent but mutual understanding being passed between the two.

Over the summer, the two had grown closer– like brother and sister.

She trusted Ron to save her life if she needed it to be saved. And nowadays, people to trust were in short supply.

Hermione was outside by the fire, keeping watch. Finley would check on her ever-so-often.

Harry would fidget and stir in his sleep, not quite getting comfortable enough to fall into a deep sleep.

He finally sat up all the way though when the radio cleared from the static, turning up in volume.

Ron had laid down, falling asleep just as quickly as he was awake.

Finley stood from the bed, approaching Harry, who held the radio in his hands.

Harry gave her just a cast of his eyes before flicking the switch to turn off the radio. Finley observed, a sense of caution and worry striking in her gut every time she looked at him.

He moved around the tent, trying to appease his mind.

Harry stood at the table, keeping an eye on the Marauders Map. He was watching Snape in Dumbledore's old office.

Finley would watch his movements delicately. She always felt different with him around now. Something had changed.

His soul had gotten darker.

Finley made up excuses in her mind; It was just because of the hard times the group– no, the world is dealing with.

Harry walked out of the tent, leaving Finley alone with Ron.

"Do you worry?" Ron questioned, fully awake and sitting up.

"Worry about what?" Finley turned around to look at the redhead. She hadn't realized he was still awake.

"Them. Together. All of the time now." He gritted, motioning outside the tent where Harry had went to check on Hermione.

"No, Ron. They're best friends. Of course they're going to be together. Especially when it's just the four of us. We stick by each other, it's the only key to survival at this point."

As if on cue, Harry spoke into her mind. "Snatchers. Three of them. Outside of barrier. Almost spotted Hermione. Smelt her perfume."

Finley didn't give one more look to Ron, exiting the tent with her alert high in the air.

Her eyes searched their temporary home, spotting the two figures quickly– Harry and Hermione.

She watched as they interacted.