0.0

𓅓

𓅓

— Emilia and John Robinson celebrated their daughter's birthday. She had just turned 12.

Finley Robinson, a bright young girl. All she asked for her birthday were school books.

Though, she didn't go to school. Her parents homeschooled. They always pushed her limits, knowing the potential she possessed.

Finley would've loved to stay in that moment for the rest of her life. Her parents surrounding her with smiles on their faces.

But, she knew that it was just the calm before the storm.

That night, she heard clattering down the stairs. Finley stood, with her wand in hand. "Mum? Dad?" She called out in the dark, which she received no answer.

She crept down the stairs. A man, his identity a secret, stood over the bodies of her parents.

She screamed, thrusting her wand towards the man. He blew into their tables, crushing it.

He disappeared in a cloud of black.

Finley made sure he was gone before approaching her parents. "Mum? Dad!" She cried. Her parents were dead.

She found a note in her mother's hand. She opened the body part, taking out the bloodied paper.

Dear our lovely Finley Eden Robinson,

If you are reading this, it means that they came for us. I'm not going to tell you who they were. That would set off a lifelong man-hunt, your spirited self.

We know our deaths will affect your life immensely, for which, we are sorry. We love you so much.

To help you, we left the family fortune under a name "Paige Tenley," it's yours. We know you aren't old enough for us to leave you alone. I hope you find someone to stay with. We don't want you alone in this world.

Once more, we are sorry. We love you so much. You will become an amazing witch one day. Study hard. Live well.

Your parents

When she finished the note, she shredded it. Tears leaked down her face continuously. Finley rushed to her room, packing her bags quickly. She changed her clothes into something she can move around in– not her sleeping attire.

When she gathered her necessities and her family's value, she left the house with nothing more than her bags, her wand, and her ambition.

She closed the door to her childhood home, breathing out a deep sigh. She motivated herself to keep moving.

Because she couldn't let the death of her parents effect her. She had to keep living.

Or, that man should've killed her too.

rebecca ferguson as emilia robinson

tom hiddleston as john robinson

+++
- J.S.

S