5.6

𓅓

𓅓

— Scissors snipped every few seconds. Soft thuds followed the sound every time. Finley observed cautiously.

She didn't want Hermione messing up her boyfriend's haircut.

Finley would have been the one to cut Harry's hair, but she didn't want to mess it up– she knew she would've.

Hermione carefully takes piece by piece off.

She had waved the scissors in Finley's face, threatening to cut the girl's fiery red hair. But Finley refused, threatening to hex the girl if she even came close to her with the scissors.

Harry had his hand on his shoulder, holding Finley's in his right there.

He refused to let her physically go. He always had to be touching her now, reminding himself that she was there, with him.

Finley watched a dawning face of realization flicker upon Hermione as she stopped cutting. "Oh, my God!"

"What?" Harry gasped, fearful for his hair. He shot his hand behind his head, feeling for any missing chunks.

Finley watched with amusement from both ends

"I'll tell you in a minute." Hermione stood up, walking feverishly to the table. Finley followed behind, now curious for what the clever girl had discovered.

"Maybe you could tell me now." Harry stood as well, approaching the table with the two girls.

Hermione went through the books on the table.

Finley sat down, drinking a sip of her coffee as she calmly watched the girl do her magic.

"The Sword of Gryffindor– its Goblin-made."

"Brilliant," Harry exclaimed, waving his hands in the air excitedly. He was still so confused on what Hermione was getting at.

"No, you don't understand." Hermione chuckled. "Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. It only takes in that which makes it stronger."