2.5

𓅓

𓅓

— Finley left Harry to go to Dumbledore's office by himself. She knew why he called Harry there.

She, instead, laid in her bed with her eyes closed.

A knock sounded at her door. She opened her eyes with an exasperated sigh, standing to answer her door.

She opened the door, but no one was there.

Finley exited, looking around. She spotted the fleeting figure of a boy in a black suit. She heaved a sigh, knowing what the boy was up to.

She shook her head, entering her room and closing her door once again. She jumped on her bed in her pajamas, ready to fall asleep. She wrapped herself in her blanket, snuggling in with the fireplace lit to keep the room warm.

As soon as she drifted to sleep, her door opened. She heard it shut again, footsteps approaching her. Finley didn't flinch, sensing who it was.

She heard the person strip off some clothing. The covers lifted as a warm body inserts itself beside her. She gravitated towards him, cuddling deep into his side.

Harry wrapped an arm around her, keeping her close.

He took off his glasses, placing them on her nightstand.

"Aguamenti," Harry muttered. His wand shot out a steam of water, putting out the fire. He placed his wand next to his glasses.

The room was now completely dark.

"Harry?" Finley muttered into the darkness. The two were on the verge of sleep.

Harry hummed in response, pulling her closer to him. She adjusted herself, laying on his bare chest. She listened to his heart beat.

Harry's finger drew small circles onto the small of her back, repeating the action endlessly.

She moved her fingers to his forehead, skimming them lightly over the lightning scar. Harry released a sigh in relief.

Harry hadn't noticed his scar was always burning– even if just the slightly– until Finley had first touched it. It cooled down, like some sort of aloe was placed over a sunburn. She cured him in every way possible. And for that, he was grateful.

Finley continued to place her fingers on and around the area, determined to make Harry feel better.

"Do you think we could live a life one day?" She questioned, out of the blue. She had begun to fidget with her ring.

"I-... When did this come up?"

"Answer the question. Could we live a life after this is all over?"

"I would like to think so, yes." Harry murmured, waking up now.

Finley paused. "Can we get a dog?"

Harry chuckled, his chest vibrating with the action. "Yes, love, we can get a dog. Now, will you go to bed? I have Quidditch tryouts tomorrow."

"Yeah, sorry." Finley muttered. She snuggled her face into his neck. She breathed quietly and evenly for a moment. She leaned her head up, letting her lips skim the skin just a bit.

Harry gulped, breathing in a sharp, deep breath.

Finley smirked against his skin. She began to kiss the skin on his neck gently. Working her lips up and down the skin, she moved to grab the bottom of his earlobe in her teeth.

"You want to play dirty?" He gritted out, flipping them over.

"No, I was being sweet." She innocently stated.

"Right, sweet. That was far from sweet. Now, sweetheart, kiss me." He gave her no choice, smashing his lips on to hers. He devoured her lips with his, winning the battle with ease.

"I thought you wanted sleep... Quidditch tryouts..." Finley continued to verbally and physically tease the boy. He groaned as she moved her face away from his.

He hovered over her, an arm of his on each side of her.

"I'm a bloke. My words are untrue and stupid. Now, please, kiss me."

She grinned, lifting herself to peck him quickly. "All you had to do was ask." She kissed him again with more meaning this time.

He sighed with content into the kiss.

The kiss became sweet again. They held each other tight and all night, not daring to let go of one another.

The two fell asleep shortly after the final kiss.

In the morning, they stayed in each other arm's until they absolutely had to get up. And that was only when Harry– as Captain of the Quidditch team– was about to be late.

But, they cherished their moments.

Cause they never knew when it would be their last.

+++
- J.S.

S