3.3

𓅓

— As soon as the couple walks in, Slughorn is all in their faces.

"Harry! Miss Robinson! Come on, let's take a quick photograph."

Without saying a word of agreement, the photographer took their picture. Finley sighed, wiping away her smile.

Slughorn had continued to speak to the couple for some time, before he decided to mingle with the other guests. Harry laughed at something the man had said.

"You're cute when you laugh. Well, you're cute always, so I can't really say that, can I?" Finley teased.

Harry was about to respond, when Neville came up to the two. "Drink?"

"Neville!" Harry greeted with a grin.

"Hey, Nev." Finley added.

"I didn't get into the Slug Club. It's okay, though. He's got Belby handing out towels in the loo."

Harry adjusted Neville's suit, checking the boy over. "You look great, Nev." Finley complimented.

Harry didn't think too much on the compliment. Harry and Finley had pretty much become guardian figures for the boy.

"Oh, well, I'm fine, mate. Love?" Harry turns to Finley. Neville extended the tray out to her.

"I would love a refresher, thank you." She takes a cup, taking a sip. "Yum. Have a good night, Nev."

He nodded, with a wide grin, before walking off to offer more drinks to people.

Finley scanned the room, spotting something peculiar. She tilts her head. "Har?"

"Yep." He saw the same thing.

The two approached the curtain, sneaking behind it.

Hermione stood there, frantically searching the room. "Hermione. What are you doing? And what happened to you?" Harry questioned the girl.

"No, I've just escaped." Hermione turned to Finley, "Just like we said, he's tried to kiss me! I mean, I left Cormac under the mistletoe."

"Cormac? That's who your date is?" Harry shakes his head at her.

"It thought it would annoy Ron the most." Hermione covered her face, looking completely defeated.

"We learned our lesson, yes?" Finley sassed, leaning her body back against Harry's chest. Her open back could feel the clothes he was wearing. Her skin shivered as his fingers skimmed the low of the back.

Hermione scoffed. "He's got more tentacles than a Snarfalump plant."

A waiter threaded through the curtain, offering a tray. "Dragon tartare?"

"No, we're good. Thanks," Harry answered for him and his girlfriend, knowing she hated anything spicy.

"I'm fine, thank you." Hermione answered.

"Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath."

"On second thought..." Hermione took the tray from the waiter, stuffing some in her mouth. "Might keep Cormac at bay."

Finley scoffed in amusement, shaking her head. She leant back further on Harry, trusting he can hold most of her weight. He moves his hands to her waist– practically wrapping his arms around her completely by how tiny her waist is, and how big his arms are.

"Oh, God, here he comes." Hermione spotted the boy feeding through the curtain.

Finley was handed the tray as Hermione made her escape. Cormac entered, eyes searching behind the couple.