2.8

𓅓

𓅓

— The four had entered the snowy atmosphere, starting their way back to Hogwarts.

Finley held Harry's hand, keeping him close to keep warm.

The group was quiet on the way back.

"Katie, you don't know what it could be." Leanne complained, scared for her friend. They walked in front of the quartet.

"Don't worry. I know what I'm doing."

"Harry," Ron whispered.

"What?" Harry questioned, not looking away from the side profile of his girlfriend.

"Did you hear what she was saying back at the pub about me and her snogging?" Ron inquired. "As if."

Just then, Leanne screams.

Finley stopped dead in her tracks, searching for the source.

In front of them, Leanne stood on the side whilst Katie Bell lay flat on the ground. "I warned her. I warned her not to touch it."

Finley sprinted to the young girl, ready to help. When she got to her, the girl lifted into the air, her mouth and eyes opened wide.

Finley raised her hand, taking control of the girl's body. But Finley struggled to keep it. The dark magic was powerful.

Finley held her still in the air instead of thrashing everywhere.

After she felt the magic break, she carefully lowered Katie to the ground. Finley ran up to her body, checking her over.

Finley closed her eyes, scanning the aura.

Katie was cursed.

She waved her hand over Katie, doing what she did with people's injuries. Finley gasped loudly, crying out. Finley held strong, not reversing it.

"Fin!" Harry ran to her, holding her as Finley convulsed. Finally, Finley's back arched as black smoke emitted from her chest.

Then it was quiet.

"Get back! Get away! Don't touch that!" Hagrid exclaimed, motioning to the necklace laced with cursed magic.

Finley stood up, stumbling. Harry grabbed her waist holding her steady. Eyes filled with concern.

Finley finally steadied, picking up the necklace with her magic, floating it in the air. "Let's go." She rushed to Hogwarts, trusting Hagrid to get Katie.

+++

McGonagall eyed the necklace Finley placed on the podium– in its case. "You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks?"

"It's like I said. She left to go to the loo, and when she came back she had the package. She said it was important that she deliver it."

"Did she say to whom?" McGonagall questioned Leanne.