2.7

𓅓

𓅓

— "For weeks, you carry around this book, practically sleeping with it-"

"No, he sleeps with me."

"-and yet you have no desire to find out who the Half-Blood Prince is?" Hermione finished her interrogating, only throwing Finley a glance at her interruption.

"I didn't say I wasn't curious, and I don't sleep with it." Harry defended himself for the millionth time against the dirty-blonde girl.

The four were all walking to Hogsmeade for the day.

"Well, it's true. I like a nice chat before I go to bed. Now all you do is read that bloody book, when you're not snogging Robin." Ron complained.

Just to get on his nerves, Harry pulled Finley in for a passionate kiss by the back of her neck. She smirked, knowing what he was doing. She skimmed her tongue against his bottom lip.

They pulled away from each other, walking forward as if nothing happened.

"See! And the reading too much? Just like being with Hermione."

"Well, I was curious," Hermione spoke after shooting Ron a glare. "So I went to-"

"The library," the boys unisoned. "And?" Harry finished.

"And nothing. I couldn't find a reference anywhere to a Half-Blood Prince."

"There we go. That settles it, then." Harry spoke with sass, wrapping his arm around Finley's waist to calm himself down.

"Filius! I was hoping to find you in the Three Broomsticks." Finley heard the voice of Slughorn.

"Uh, no, emergency choir practice, I'm afraid, Horace." The short man waddled away hurriedly.

"Does anyone fancy a Butterbeer?"

Finley had been told what Dumbledore told Harry to do. Get close with Slughorn. Harry also told Finley the memories he saw– and everything that happened when she wasn't by his side.

Finley sighed. "I'd love one," she played along.

+++

"A chum of mine was sledging down Claxby Hill. We had a very long, homemade, Norwegian-style sledge." The four caught Slughorn's voice from halfway across the Three Broomsticks.

"No, not there. Over here." Harry forced the group to go where he could access Slughorn the easiest. He pulled Finley in his lap, Ron taking the seat to his right, Hermione across from them– on the left.

Finley nestled in, completely unfazed. Harry realized his mistake too late. She smirked mischievously.

"Something to drink?" The waiter asked for their order.