3.4

𓅓

𓅓

— It was Christmas Day– meaning five days after Finley's birthday. Not that she ever brought it up. The day itself blew by in a quick blur. It was already just before dinner, and the Burrow was its usual self; chaotic.

Arthur, Remus, Tonks, Harry and Finley sat around the living room.

Harry was beside Finley on the red, stained couch. The two were wearing matching sweaters made by Molly.

Harry insisted he talk to the others about what he overheard while eavesdropping.

"Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?" Remus questioned, doubtful.

"I know it sounds mad," Harry started to reason.

"Has it occurred to you, Harry, that Snape was simply pretending to offer Draco help so he could find out what he was up to?" Remus suggested. He was put off with Harry's accusations.

It didn't help that he was fresh from a transformation.

"That's not what it sounded like," Harry replied.

"Perhaps Harry's right, Remus. To make an Unbreakable Vow, it's-" Tonks was cut off.

"It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgment. Dumbledore trusts Snape, therefore I do." Remus started to get worked up.

"Dumbledore can make mistakes, he said so himself," Harry rebuttals.

"You're blinded by hatred!"

"I'm not." Harry shook his head aggressively. He hated how everyone always questioned his suspicions, and didn't just trust him.

"Yes, you are." Remus fought.

"You're doing it again, Harry. You're putting the childhood feud first." Finley spoke quietly by his side, inaudible to the ones surrounding them.

"People are disappearing, Harry, daily. We can only place our trust in a handful of people. If we start fighting amongst ourselves, we're doomed." Remus panted. His wife noticed his put-off behavior. Tonks stood up, leading him to another room carefully.

Arthur got the message the couple wanted to be left alone. He left as well.

"I don't mean to do it. I just- I want to protect everyone, and it's all getting a little much. I'm paranoid." Harry started to rant, running his hands through his hair roughly.

Finley shut it down, placing a hand on his knee. "It's okay, Harry. I promise, I have everything under control. If there's something you really need to know, I would tell you, you know that. Just... give it some time."

Harry nodded, leaning his head down to rest it on her shoulder. She laid her head on his. They stayed that way for a while.

They stayed until Ginny and Ron entered the room, offering trays of food.