4.0

𓅓

𓅓

— Finley let Harry run to Dumbledore's office. She didn't want to know anything about their business. She knew she'd be told by either Harry or Albus at a later time.

The next morning, Harry came to her with an offer. An offer to travel with Dumbledore to find a "Horcrux". She was told it was dangerous. So with that, she knew she had to go.

She walked up the stairs to Dumbledore's office, entering as Dumbledore gave Harry rules he must obey to survive.

"Is there a pamphlet to go with this talk?" Finley teased.

"Oh, so nice of you to join us, Finley. I feel safer already, no offense, Harry."

Harry shakes his head. "None taken. She's brilliant. Saved my life more times than I can count, already."

"Lovely. Now, Harry, take my arm. Finley, follow." Dumbledore instructed. Finley pulled out her wand, readying herself.

"Sir, I thought you couldn't Apparate within Hogwarts." Harry rebuttals.

"Well, being me and being The Guardian has its privileges. Remember what I said about her, Harry, she's special."

"Is tonight the night, Albus?" Finley spoke up, graveness in her tone.

"I believe it is, Miss Finley."

Harry grasped his arm, and they Apparated away. Finley gave it a second before following.

She appeared on a rock in the middle of a raging sea. The skies were dark– and the water, much darker. Finley turned, spotting the pair behind her. There was a cave half a mile in their direction.

Dumbledore looked to her. Finley nodded, raising her hands as her eyebrows creased in strain. The storming sea parted, clearing a way for them to walk.

When they got inside the cave, Dumbledore and Finley searched the walls. "This is the place," Dumbledore informed. "Oh, yes. This place has known magic." Dumbledore pulls out a knife, slicing his hand.

"Sir!" Harry called, alarmed.

"In order to gain passage, payment must be made." Dumbledore explained quickly. "Payment intended to weaken any intruder."

"You should've let me, sir."

"Oh, no, Harry. For many reasons: Miss Finley wouldn't have allowed it, your blood's much more precious than mine, and she will heal me soon anyway." Dumbledore ran his bloodied hand across the rocks. It started to rumble, opening up.

Finley quickly grabbed the old man's hand, waving her own over it. The cut appeared on her hand before the wound disappeared from both of them. "See?"

The three walked through the crystal walkway. "Voldemort will not have made it easy to discover his hiding place. He will have put certain defenses in position. Careful."