3.1

𓅓

𓅓

— "Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!"

The Common Room was packed, barely enough space to move properly. Finley stood in front of Harry, cheering on the excited Ron. His hands were on her waist, pulling her back to his chest tightly, and showing that she was his to any onlookers who were looking to get a touch with all of the space filled up.

Hermione stood beside them, a stern look on her face. But they could see the smile peeking through. "You really shouldn't have done it."

"I know."

Finley sucked in a breath. "Potter, your voice is hot."

Harry rolled his eyes with a sly smirk on his face, amused. "I suppose I could have just used a Confundus Charm." He sassed, knowing of Hermione's actions. Finley giggled at his wit.

"That was different. That was tryouts. This was an actual game." Hermione tried justifying her actions.

Harry took his hands off of Finley to crossed his arms, raising his eyebrows. He lifted a hand, showing the bottle of Felix Felicis.

"You sly dog," Finley gasped. Harry looked down at her, showing off his teeth with a smile.

"You didn't put it in," Hermione stated the obvious.

Harry shook his head in agreement, putting the bottle back into his shirt pocket. His hands found their previous place on Finley's hips.

"Ron only thought you did," Hermione connected the dots. Harry did a more exaggerated nod, looking back at Ron with a mischievous smirk growing on his face.

Lavender pulled Ron down, encasing him in a kiss. He responded instantly, grabbing onto her tightly.

Finley cleared her throat, looking down, as the crowd cheered louder.

Harry smiled wider, happy for his friend. Hermione, however, had the complete opposite reaction. She turned away, weeding her way through the crowd to escape.

Finley's mood dropped, chasing after the Granger girl.

Harry's became confused. He looked behind him, watching her walk off. He didn't hesitate to follow Finley.

The red head found Hermione in record time, skipping stairs to get to the girl.

"Mione." As soon as Finley said her name, the girl broke. Finley held onto her while she sobbed into her shoulder. Finley looked forward, over Hermione's shoulder to spot Harry. He stood there awkwardly on the stairs. "You can come on, she's your friend too. Don't worry, I got the emotional part handled. Just be here for her."

Harry nodded, walking completely down the stairs. Hermione pulled away from the hug, wiping her eyes.

Harry lifted his hand, waving at the flying birds. He was curious, and also trying to defuse the tension.

"Charms spell. I'm just practicing." Hermione answered his silent question, her voice breaking with each word.

"Well, they're really good."

"Sit down, Harry. You look uncomfortable just standing there like that."

Harry listened to his girlfriend, moving to sit on the other side of Hermione.

"Have you ever wondered how it feels to like someone, but not being able to be with them?"

The couple stayed silent. Their relationship starter was simple. They met, they liked each other, he asked her out– she said yes. Ron and Hermione, however, were different.

"I don't know," Finley answered honestly. Cause she really didn't know. "But I want to help, Hermione, you're my best friend."

Just then, they heard a girl laughing loudly. Lavender skips in the room with Ron on her arm. She gasps, turning her laughing to a giggle.

"Oops. I think this room's taken." Lavender got the message, leaving the room. Ron stayed, trying to talk with his three best friends.

"What's with the birds?" Ron chuckled, not sensing the tension in the room.

Hermione stood up, eyeing him devilishly. "Oppugno."

The birds lined up in the air before hurdling towards Ron. At the last second, Finley created a shield in front of the redhead before he could get hurt.

He looked on to Hermione with wide eyes. Eyes of betrayal.

He left the room without another word.

Hermione began crying again, her face contorting with emotions. She sat back down, her friends on each side of her leaning in to comfort her.

"It's okay, Mione. Everything will work itself out in the end."

+++
- J.S.

S