2.6

𓅓

𓅓

— Finley woke up for the final time to an empty bed. She didn't know how she didn't wake when she felt him leave the room. She waved it off, dressing to go down to the Quidditch pitch.

It looked as if she made it right on time. The players had all clamored together, chatting away loudly in their uniforms.

Ginny and Harry stood in front of them, looking impatient. Ron was the only one completely silent and still.

He had a nervous expression on his face.

As if feeling her presence enter the atmosphere, Harry turned to her. He tapped her heart.

She tapped back.

Finley sat down next to Hermione, the girl looking uncomfortable until she got here. "Hey, Robin."

"Hey, Mione. They do anything yet?" Finley rubbed her hands together, creating friction to keep her warm. Hermione extended a half of her blanket to Finley. The redhead accepted gratefully.

"They just finished warming up a bit."

"Shut it!" They heard Ginny shout, silencing the group of talking players. Harry nods to her.

Finley could hear Harry's voice, faintly. From this distance, his yell sounded like a low muttering. "Now then, remember, just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year. Is that clear?" The group was silent. "Good."

The group broke apart, grabbing specific gear for their specific position in the game.

Ron and Cormac McLaggen talk together about something awkwardly. At the end of the conversation, Cormac waved up to Hermione.

Finley turned to her, raising a tall eyebrow. "You and Cormac?"

Hermione gags. "No, no, of course not."

"Then why...?" Hermione understood what Finley was asking.

The two students– Ron and Cormac– trying out for Keeper take their positions in front of the hoop.

Harry raises on his broom, floating high above everyone to observe the game fully.

"I have no idea."

Everyone began cheering for Ron loudly, encouraging him. "Come on, Ronald! You miss a ball and I'm hexing you! But, no pressure!" Finley shouted to him. She noticed him calm down slightly at one of his best friend's voice.

The game started as the tryouts commenced.

Finley was fascinated. She had never been to a game, or even seen a game of Quidditch.

Her eyes skipped across the pitch, trying to take it in and watch everything.

She didn't know how Harry did it.