1.7

𓅓

𓅓

— The journey on the Thestral took until nightfall. The young witches and wizards arrived at the Ministry.

They ran through the large building, everyone keeping up with one another.

"Department of Mysteries," the speaker stated as the elevator door opened.

The long, dark hallway spooked the children. Hearts started to beat faster, hands began to grow clammy.

Harry was the first to walk forward, leading the group. "This is it."

They moved forward slowly and cautiously. There was a door at the very end of the hallway. Harry opened it quietly, stepping through. In the room were rows upon rows of glass balls– prophecies.

"Lumos," Finley lit up her wand, scanning every crevice for a surprise. She had that bad feeling again. "Harry, I don't like this."

He didn't answer, only sending a tap.

The door moved.

Harry sighed, starting to find the location of Sirius. "92, 93... 94... 95..." He stopped, scanning the floor.

"He's not here, Harry." Finley called out to him, still scanning the rows. She could feel the air grow darker. "I really don't like this. Something's wrong."

He paid no mind to her– a lesson he'd soon learn.

"He should be here," Harry's words echo.

"Harry. These two have your name on it." Neville looked towards the prophecies. Finley rushed forward, reading them.

Those were the prophecies.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. And the Dark Lord shall mark him as his equal, but he shall have power the Dark Lord knows not. For neither can live while the other survives." The prophecy read itself aloud.

"Harry, we have to hide this one." Finley takes the prophecy of The Chosen One and The Guardian from the shelf, keeping it tight in her hold.

"Harry!" Hermione calls out. He turns, spotting the Death Eater.

Finley turned as well, sucking in a breath through her teeth. "Malfoy." She moves to the front of the group, standing beside Harry with her wand drawn.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry questions. The Death Eater approaches slowly, teasingly.

"You know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams... and reality." Lucius reveals himself. "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now, hand me the prophecy."

Finley raises her wand higher, not even caring to blink.

"You do anything to us, I'll break it." Harry threatens.