3.0

𓅓

𓅓

— As Finley entered the Great Hall, she spotted her friends easily. But, she took notice of a particular blonde boy who chose to sit alone.

She made her way to him instead, sitting across from him.

He lazily lifted his gaze to her. She nodded. "Malfoy."

"Robinson."

The two sat in awkward silence. The boy couldn't figure out why the girl was sitting with him.

"What are you doing?" He finally questioned.

"You looked lonely."

His eyes broke just a bit from their stone. He hadn't had someone care for him, besides his mother, in so long.

"Oh, well, I'm not." He snapped, blocking himself off.

"If you say so. Are you coming to the game?"

"Wasn't planning on it," he clipped.

"Oh, come on! It's Quidditch– first game of the season. Slytherin and Gryffindor, nonetheless."

"I figure we'll lose again. Slytherin always does when we play against Gryffindor. Besides, I can't be wasting my time with such silly things."

"What are you going to be doing instead that's just so important?" Finley questioned. By this point, Harry had kept sending gentle stings through their connection.

He was offended she'd go over there and talk to him. She chose him over Harry, or so he thought.

"Things. What did I tell you about minding your business and me minding mine?" He spoke, his voice becoming just slightly more lighthearted. It wasn't much, but Finley noticed.

"Oh, I remember. I just don't really care... Or listen. Each of those things annoy Harry too much for his own good."

"Yeah, why aren't you over there with Potter?" Draco's voice held resentment. He truly hated the boy.

"Again, like I said, you looked lonely. But, I really must join him before he heads to the game. Try to make an appearance, Malfoy. I'll see you around, good day."

Finley didn't wait for him to respond, standing from Slytherin table. She made her way to the red and yellow, eyeing the open spot next to Harry.

She took it, sitting down. Harry turned to her for a millisecond before focusing ahead.

"Don't tell me, you're mad." Finley sarcastically stated, taking note of his attitude.

"I just don't see why you had to sit over there."

"You act like the air they breathe is poisoned," Finley sighed. Harry shrugged, chewing on toast.

He didn't give her a verbal response.