8.0

𓅓

𓅓

— When Finley woke up, she was dizzy and couldn't make sense of what was around her.

But she knew one thing.

She couldn't feel it. She couldn't feel him.

And she screamed. She screamed until her throat grew raw. She screamed, and she screamed, and she screamed. She lost her voice quickly, but she didn't care.

He was dead– and so was she.

"NO! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE! I WAS SUPPOSED TO SAVE HIM! WHY DIDN'T YOU LET ME SAVE HIM?! TRAITORS! YOU'RE ALL TRAITORS! WHY DIDN'T YOU LET ME SAVE HIM?! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! YOU TRAITORS!" Finley screamed at the people around her. She couldn't identify them yet– she was too discombobulated to tell anything.

"Finley! Finley, calm down! Please, calm down!" A voice pleaded with her.

It was masculine, but lighter than an older man's.

"NO! No! No! No!! No!" She repeated in a bellow.

"Ley. Ley, calm down. It's going to be all right. It will be all right." Another voice.

Finley didn't respond this time. Instead, she sat up. She was in the Great Hall, this she could tell. She could also tell that a group of people surrounded her, crowded her in. She was on the floor, laid on a stretcher.

"Get away. Get-Get away from me!" Finley screamed, trying to scramble to stand up.

"No, stay down." A male– the one from earlier– gently places his hands on her shoulders, pushing down to keep her there.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do!"

She looked up, searching the face of the person who tried comforting her.

Neville.

"Leave me alone, Longbottom. He's dead. They let him die. I could've saved him. I could've saved him. It was my job– my purpose. The one thing I needed to accomplish in my lifetime, and I failed... because of some soppy reason! Ron. Ron." Finley ended her rant in a growl. She searched for the boy.

When she found the redhead, he with his family and Hermione– who were all near Finley enough.

It was all she needed.

Finley pushed Neville off of her. She stood, her stride strong and confident and determined. Determined, because Harry was dead.

Death. Such a funny term. To think about it, it's not funny at all. But... just death. Every person dies. There's no stopping death. It's inevitable. It's a different time for everyone. Some die young. Some die from diseases, or accidents like: car wrecks, shipwrecks, and plane crashes. Some die from gunshots, old age, drowning,... murder. Murder. What a strange thing to do. For a human being to allow themselves to take another's life. It's... inhumane and evil. An action completed by the devil himself.