5.9

𓅓

𓅓

— The three Apparated to Godric's Hollow that night. The snow was still falling steadily. The sky was dark. Dogs barked in the distance.

Finley's feet trudged through the white snow. Her footsteps were heavy, taking double the effort to walk.

Hermione was on her right, and Harry was on her left. She had Harry's arm wrapped in hers.

The three stopped only a few steps forward, taking in everything.

"I still think we should have used Polyjuice Potion," Hermione muttered worriedly. Her gaze flicked every which way in anticipation.

The past year has put her more on edge than ever before.

"No," Harry declared. "This is where I was born. I'm not returning as someone else."

The bell tolls to their left, catching their attention. Finley shivers violently, adapting to the colder weather.

She reached an arm out to lock with Hermione's. She didn't want the girl to feel alone.

With the three in locked arms, they started their journey through Godric's Hollow.

Harry's free hand was stuffed in his pocket, keeping himself as warm as possible. Both of Hermione's hands were wrapped around Finley's forearm, clutching the redhead close.

"Good night!" A man cheers just a few houses down. It snaps the attention of each of the people on Finley's sides, but she cares not to look.

She didn't have a bad feeling, yet.

A choir sings in the far distance, a soft tune in their voices. The high pitch squeaks Finley's ears slightly, but she enjoyed the sound nevertheless.

"Guys, I think it's Christmas Eve," Hermione concludes. "Listen."

The choir continues to sing from inside the church. Finley grins softly at the song.

It had been a while since she'd been around civilization again.

Besides her friends, of course.

But she wasn't not used to the isolation. I mean, she had lived alone all those years ago. It felt like forever ago she had been plucked from the woods by Dumbledore.

If it was Christmas Day, that meant it was her birthday five days before today. But once again, she didn't bring it up.

But, Harry's focus wasn't on the singing in the church. It was on the cemetery right beside it. "Do you think they'd be in there, Finley? My Mum and Dad?"

Finley turned her head to look at what he was staring at. Her mood darkened the slightest.

"I think they would be. Would you like to check?" Finley suggested in a gentle voice, taking the dark situation lightly.