6.8

𓅓

𓅓

— Finley's head pounded. It was the second time that day she had been knocked out cold.

She was woken up by a slight tapping on the side of her head.

"Robinson? Robinson. Wake up. Hurry up, and wake up. I didn't mean to hit you that hard."

Finley finally woke up fully at the sound of a boy's voice speaking to her.

She sat up in surprise, looking around with a wildness in her eyes.

She caught eyes with Draco. "What happened? Where's Harry? Hermione. Where's Hermione? Draco, Hermione!"

Finley started to freak out, standing in a quick motion.

Her vision swayed as the world tilted.

Draco grabbed the upper part of her arms tentatively, holding her steady. "Calm down, Robinson."

As if on cue, Hermione's scream– one filled with pain and misery– pierced the air with laced agony.

Finley immediately started advancing towards the door. She hadn't looked around yet to find out where she was.

It was until then, when Draco pulled her back, that she did.

She looked around at the grey walls, and the grey satin sheets on the bed. Hints of green were in certain places spread throughout the room. A Slytherin jersey hung from the door of an open closet. Books were shelved neatly near the bay window.

"Are we in your room?"

Draco grew uncomfortable, rubbing his arm awkwardly. He nodded for only a second. "Doesn't matter, now. I'm going to take you to the cellar. You will get Potter and Weasley, and you will get out of here as soon as you can. But you must be quick."

Draco opened the door, leading her out quietly. His head snapped at every minuscule sound.

"Thank you, Draco. I still don't understand why you're doing this for us, though." Finley had a slight clue, but wasn't about to reveal that bit of information.

"I just-...." Draco stopped his first answer and changed it to a sarcastic lie. "I don't know either."

They stopped near the end of a hallway. "It's right down there. Steer clear from anyone you may see. You shouldn't, but just saying in case you do. I feel like I'm forgetting something... Oh! Here's your wand." Draco pulled Finley's wand from his suit pocket, handing it to the girl. "Good luck."

Draco turned to head off somewhere else, but Finley's call stopped him.

"Wait, Draco! Thank you," she spoke quietly.

He nodded to her with a very small smile before leaving completely.

Finley turned back to her task, sneaking around the corner to start down the dark hallway. The constant screaming of Hermione rang through her ears, motivating Finley to keep going.