7.9

𓅓

𓅓

— Harry and Finley trudged down the stairs in the main hallways. She had been a bit annoyed he wouldn't tell her what he saw, but she knew, if he thought it best not to tell her, it was for the best. If it was important enough, he would tell her. Right?

The couple turned the corner, starting down another set of stairs.

Harry had not let his grip on Finley's hand loosen. He held on tightly, as if he would lose her at any moment.

The redhead and raven-haired couple spotted the blonde and other redhead at the moment of the stairs, wrapped in each other's arms.

Harry froze at the top of the stairs, jerking Finley back with him.

She turned her head back to look at him, perplexed. What was up with him?...Must've been what they all had just been through.

Harry nodded to himself. He started to guide Finley down the steps, slow enough for her hip to take easy. He was gentle, careful with her.

Ron and Hermione turned back as the sound of footfalls were behind them.

Finley smiled to greet the two.

Hermione stood up first, preparing herself for whatever they had to say next.

"Where've you two been?" Hermione quizzed.

"Don't think you want to know the answer," Ron playfully remarked, bringing back the mood they had once fallen into so easily. "We thought you went to the forest, actually. Though, wouldn't dream Robin would let you do that."

"I need to talk to you," Harry spoke in a low voice, letting go of Finley. She sighed, but accepted it. She repeated the same phrase: if she needed to know, he'd tell her.

The two boys walked off just a distance, enough out of ear shot.

"What do you suppose they're talking about? When have we ever not told each other things?" Hermione inquired, turning to Finley.

The redhead just shrugged. "I love you, Mione." Finley spoke to the blonde.

"I love you, too, Robin." Hermione said, simply.

The boys began to walk back towards them. Ron and Hermione stood behind Finley– all three were facing Harry.

"What is it, Harry? What is it you know?" Hermione interrogated.

"I'm going to the Forbidden Forest."

"What?! No!" Finley immediately protested, taking a step towards Harry.

"There's a reason I can hear them... the Horcruxes." Harry starts off, holding his hands out carefully to try and reason with the the livid Finley. "I think I've known for a while." Hermione's eyes cast to the ground. Finley's eyebrows crunch. "And I think you have, too."

"I'll go with you."

"He's not going, okay?! That's final! End of discussion!" Finley lowers her voice, "You'll die, Harry. He'll kill you."

"It has to be done, Fin." Harry nodded subtly to something behind her.

"No, we can work it out. We can fin-"

She was cut off as a spell casted over her mind to knock her out.

Ron, who had casted the spell, caught her, gently lowering her to situate her unconscious body into his arms.

The last thing she saw was Harry breaking into a short sob, and his voice in her mind.

"I love you, Finley Robinson. Thank you for being my guardian."

+++
Author's Note: ok guys, it's all done! sorry it had to end this way! it had to be done for the plot. it went really well with the storyline I have had in my mind for a while, so here is where I say farewell.
- J.S.

S

I'm kidding. obviously.