4.2

𓅓

𓅓

— She turned her eyes to Dumbledore, nodding to the man with a wetness in her eyes. He smiled softly. The last time she would see him do the action.

She took Harry's arm again, dragging him to the area under the stairs. "Trust me, Harry. We stay here, no matter what happens." They looked up. The two could see all of the upstairs, but the upstairs couldn't see them. Finley had hid them well.

They watched Draco enter the upstairs, with Dumbledore, his wand drawn and aimed at the old man.

"Good evening, Draco. What brings you here on this fine spring evening?"

"Who else is here? I heard you talking." The young boy snaps, moving around the large global contraception.

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to yourself, Draco? Draco, you are no assassin."

Harry's breath hitched, taking a step forward. Finley grabbed Harry's hand, clutching onto his hand so tightly he feared his fingers would fall off. But he didn't care. He was scared.

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you."

"Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? Forgive me, Draco. I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak that your heart can't really have been in them."

"He trusts me. I was chosen." Draco reveals his Dark Mark on his left arm. Finley could see the boy breaking.

Harry's eyes widened, not stripping them away from the scene.

"Then I shall make it easy for you." Dumbledore raised his hand to throw away his wand but Draco felt threatened, disarming the old wizard quicker than he had seen someone before.

The boy was powerful. But his loyalty was led in the wrong direction.

Harry raised his wand in the direction of Draco, but Finley took his wand. He eyed her now, glaring. He didn't know what was happening.

"Very good. Very good." The door opened. "You're not alone. There are others. How?"

"The bad feeling, it's happening now. Do not react, Harry. There will be things you see that you will never forget. But, promise me, you won't react when they enter."

"I promise," Harry swore even though he didn't really want to.

"The vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirement. I've been mending it."

"Let me guess. It has a sister. A twin."

"In Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage."

"Ingenious. Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you."