3.7

𓅓

𓅓

— Finley was roaming the halls, enjoying the scenery of the large castle. It was the next morning and Finley was bored. She was going to meet the trio in the Great Hall later.

It wasn't long before she reached the entrance of the old practicing place for Dumbledore's Army.

She entered the Room of Requirement. She hadn't been in here since last year. She was curious.

When she walked in, it was different from the last time she saw it. This time, it was its original self. Tall stacks of things and clutter were strewn everywhere. There was no seeing around anything.

Finley heard soft sobbing from deep inside the room.

Finley crept around the towers of objects. She didn't know what to think about the room, or the noises.

Finally, she found the source of the cries.

Draco Malfoy sat on a rundown, velvet couch. His head was in his hands and his eyes were squeezed shut. The boy was hurting, desperately reaching out for someone to just listen. Someone to care.

"Malfoy?" Finley spoke up, her voice gentle and quiet.

He shut himself up, sitting up suddenly. His hair was messed up in every which way and his eyes were bloodshot.

"What are you doing here? Why are you in here?" Draco became defensive, standing up and standing it front of a certain object.

A vanishing cabinet.

Finley tried to hide her shock. And her realization.

"I came in here to roam. I didn't know you'd be in here. I'm sorry. But, what's wrong?"

"Again, with the business." Malfoy snapped but it was lighter– almost teasing now.

"Just tell me. Talk to me. I'm here to listen."

"I can't. I can't, because you'll go to Potter. You'll tell him. And that can't happen." Draco shakes his head, almost crazily. "It can't, it can't, it can't."

Finley sat down calmly on the couch, trying to act as casual as she can. She didn't know what else to do.

"Listen, Mal- Draco, I won't go off and tell Harry. It will just be between me and you."

"How can I trust you?" Malfoy interrogated wearily. He tried his best to be cold and tough. But Finley has eyes, she can see.

"I don't have any proof. You'll just have to take my word." She calmed him down from lashing out.

He stayed silent.

"Or, you don't have to tell me. Just talk to me. How are you liking your year?"

"Why are you nice to me? I bully your boyfriend, and I'm never nice to you. So, why?"