7.1

𓅓

𓅓

— "Are you all right?" Fleur asked as she came up behind Finley. The blonde's hair was tied in a bun that sat on the top of her head.

"I'll be fine. Just need a moment. I'll be down in a bit."

Finley turned back to the tombstone– the words carved by her very self.

She could hear footsteps come up behind her.

"Finley..." The person trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"What is it, Harry?" She turned back to the boy she held so dear to her heart.

"Why didn't you tell us? You could've told me. I'd understand more than anyone."

"Yeah, but you don't, Harry. You were a year old when your parents died, you barely remember them. I remember them. I remember growing up in that house with them, I remember the night I lost them. I remember it all. So, please, don't dare compare our experiences." Finley snapped at him, coming off more aggressive than what she had meant.

He stayed quiet for a moment, maybe even two.

He moved beside her, getting comfortable. "You know," he started hesitantly. "I used to question why I do it. 'Why would I risk my life time and time again? Why do I stay alive?' I'm called the boy who lived. But really, it was just the boy who survived to help others."

"So, why did you stay alive?"

"For a long time, I thought about it. I thought, 'if maybe, just maybe, I ended it now, I would cure the world's problems.' Almost did it one night. In the summer, right after Cedric died. I was fourteen. I had my wand in my hand, I was ready... That was the summer I met you, and I never really had a thought like that again."

Finley sat there, not knowing what to say.

"But anyways, your parents, original topic of discussion. Have you visited them?"

"I used to, right by Christmas. I'd go on my birthday-"

"YOUR BIRTHDAY! How could I bloody forget my girlfriend had a birthday! When is it? How could I've forgotten?! When is it?" Harry rushed out.

Finley laughed softly. "December twentieth."

"December twentieth," he murmured to himself. He scoffed at himself, internally scoffing to himself. Harry moves to sit beside her, taking Finley's hand in his without a thought.

She let out a breath of laughter. "Yeah, well."

"So, that makes you eighteen?" Harry continued in a questioning tone.

"I think so, yeah. Crazy, isn't it? Makes me feel old." Finley sarcastically remarks as she held a hand to her back in fake-ache.

Harry shook his head with a chuckle. "How come you're older than me? I want to be eighteen."