6.2

𓅓

𓅓

— It was night time. And Harry refused to go inside the tent. The reason partially being because he was stubborn and didn't want to face Finley. The other part was because he decided to stay out and guard the tented area.

It was only hours ago Finley gave the Horcrux to Harry, letting him have his turn.

Finley lay awake, staring over at the tent entrance. Hermione was in a chair a few feet from her, reading a book.

The redhead didn't know what to do with herself. Her back was against a headboard, her body sprawled out on the cot.

Finley didn't like Harry being out in the cold, all by himself.

She decided to act upon it. She stood from the cot, giving Hermione a short explanation before leaving the tent.

When she exited, the boy was nowhere to be found.

"Harry?" She called out into the night. There was no reply.

Finley wrapped her arms across her chest before starting to walk around the campsite. He couldn't have gone far.

And he wasn't in trouble. Finley would have felt that by now.

Her body shivered involuntarily as the wind blew against her hair, throwing it around on her head.

"Harry?" She called again. But the reply was the same.

She continued on for a bit longer. Using her connection, she located Harry's presence and followed the golden string. Around trees and hills she journeyed. She made sure she could still find her way back to the campsite.

Just then, a freeze blew over her as the air escaped her lungs. Finley tried to breathe in, but to no avail. It was like there wasn't enough air in the world to breathe in.

"Robin?" A voice spoke up from behind her, grabbing onto her shoulders and staring into her eyes.

Ron? Finley's mind wondered.

She couldn't ask him, nor would she have if she had enough air to speak. Using all that she can with the air she had left, she pointed towards the direction the golden string was leading and gasped a quiet, "Harry."

He nodded immediately, taking off in the direction, and leaving her behind.

They both knew he could be of no help to her if he didn't help Harry.

Finley fell to the ground, clutching at her chest. She scratched and clawed at the skin around her chest, trying to gasp in a breath of air– any at all.

It was only moments later when her eyes began to slowly close.

Suddenly, air filled her lungs as the pressure was released from her throat. Finley's body shook violently with each cough and gasp.