3.6

𓅓

𓅓

— "I'm sorry, sir. I wouldn't bother you if it weren't absolutely essential." Harry spoke into the little slot at Slughorn's door.

Ron spun around, eyes dancing around. Finley kept him contained, letting him move only five feet away.

"Where's Romilda?"

"What's the matter with Wenby?" Slughorn spoke quietly.

Ron took off his shoe, throwing it at Finley's head. "Honestly, Ronald, you're acting like a drunk!"

"Very powerful love potion," Harry whispered to Slughorn.

"Very well. Better bring him in." The three entered the room. Finley moved Ron to the seat farthest away from the fire. "I'd have thought you could whip up a remedy for this in no time, Harry."

"Well, I thought this called for a more practiced hand, sir." Harry spoke the lie easily.

Ron pushed past Finley dramatically, cuddling up to Slughorn's arm. "Hello, darling. Fancy a drink?"

"Perhaps you're right," Slughorn nodded with wide eyes.

Finley grabbed Ron again, pushing him facedown on the sofa. "Ron, stay."

"I'm sorry about earlier today, Professor, our- our misunderstanding." Harry spoke from beside Finley. He didn't trust this Ron around Finley alone.

"Oh, not at all. All water under the bridge, you know? Correct?"

The two teenagers move back to Slughorn's side. "I expect you're tired of it after all these years. All the questions about Voldemort."

"Don't use that name."

Finley turned, watching as Ron stood up, standing on the couch in front of him. He turned his body to sit on the back, but fell over instead. She bursted out laughing.

Harry marched up to boy, slamming him down onto the sofa. Slughorn approached the redhead boy, extending him a cup full of potion.

"There you are, old boy. Bottoms up."

"What's this?" Ron stared at the drink in his hand.

"Tonic for the nerves."

Ron took a sip of the drink, licking his lips afterwards. He sits there, sighing and humming. Before he goes silent and his expression turns horrified.

"What happened to me?" Ron handed the cup back to Slughorn. He rubbed his hands down his legs as if brushing away dirt, or rubbing something off of his skin as if something was there.

"Love potion," Harry answered.

"A bloody strong one at that," Slughorn added.

"I feel really bad."