1.1

𓅓

𓅓

— Harry burst through Finley's bedroom door, excitement filling the both of them from just Harry's emotions.

"Finley! Fin, wake up!" Harry had shoved Finley awake, almost making her topple off the bed.

"Harold, just because I gave you a key, does not mean you have to burst through my door at... THREE IN THE MORNING! Harold, I'm going to curse you to oblivion." Finley had reached over her bedside to grab her wand.

"Not now, Fin. We found a place for the D.A.! Neville found the Room of Requirement. You heard of it?"

"Yes, Harry, I've heard of it. That's fantastic. Is that all you wanted to tell me? Something that could have waited until the morning?"

"Oh, were you asleep?" Harry innocently remarks, sarcasm lacing his voice.

"Potter!" Finley had grabbed her wand, chasing Harry out of her room and down the hall, the boy shrieking at the scary girl.

+++

"Expelliarmus!" Neville flicked his wand at the wooden Death Eater. The line of students was long, but each would get their turn.

Neville's wand flew backwards, almost taking a few heads off. Finley– who was at the back of the line, talking to Nigel– caught the wand.

This was their first meeting.

"I'm hopeless," Neville whined.

"You're-you're just flourishing your wand too much." Harry comments.

Finley walked to the front of the group, handing Neville his wand back. "You need to have tighter movements, but not stiff. Watch Harry." She instructed.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry flicked his wand, disarming the practice dummy.

Finley smiled.

+++

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It's sort of a wizard's bread and butter, really. So, um, Fin, come on and stun me." Harry was at the end of the room now.

Finley's eyes widen. "That one's not happening, love. You hit me. I sort of kind of can't injure you in any way, remember?"

He sighs, but nods.

"Not too hard, love." The nickname slipped off her tongue easily.

Her breath hitched as Harry winded back.

"Stupefy!" Finley was thrown back, landing hard on her back on the floor. She groans, holding a thumbs up.

"Nice, Harry. Really nice."

+++

Finley watched from beside Harold as the redhead an the blonde face-offed.

"A galleon on Hermione," Finley whispered in Harry's ear. He smirks, suppressing his laughter.