2.1

𓅓

𓅓

— Finley bursted into laughter as Harry Apparated into the small pond a short distance away from the Weasley home.

Finley– who stood completely dry, beside the pond– continued to laugh as Harry turned to glare at her.

He groaned, sloshing his foot around to shake off the water he'd have to step in again.

"Oh, come on." Finley walked forward, extending her hand backwards. Harry trudged to her, taking her hand and interlacing their fingers.

They approached The Burrow.

Ever since Sirius died, Harry hadn't been to Grimmauld Place. Now, the Order Of The Phoenix meets at The Burrow. They couldn't risk returning to 12 Grimmauld Place, the house being assumed to be owned by Lestrange.

Finley and Harry entered quietly, noticing their luggage and Harry's bird. Harry took lead, entering the kitchen.

Finley picked up on the voices of the Weasley's and Hermione, arguing on if the two had arrived.

"Apparently the two are wandering around the house," Ginny commented.

"Really?" Hermione inquired.

"Really." Finley and Harry confirmed in unison.

"Harry!" Molly gasped, running down the stairs.

"Feel loved, Molly!" Finley sarcastically shouted. Ginny turned the corner, running to pull Finley into a hug. "How've you been, Gin?" Finley murmured in her ear. Ginny just smiled wearily.

"Robin! Harry!" Hermione pulled the two into a hug at the same time.

"Hello," they said, again, in unison.

"What a lovely surprise." Molly laughs. Ron hugged them next, smiling wide. Molly waddled to the front, hugging Harry first. Finley put her hands on her hips sassily. "Why didn't you let us know you were coming?" Molly caressed Harry's face.

"We didn't know. Dumbledore." Harry answered. That was enough of an explanation.

"Oh, that man. But then, what would we do without him?" Molly turned to Finley. "Finley!" She pulled Finley into an aggressive hug, squeezing almost too tight.

"Nice to see you too, Molly."

Everyone turned their attention to Hermione and Ron, who had unknowingly been flirting with each other.

"Got a bit of toothpaste."

+++

Harry sat on the floor, against the bed, legs spread out in front of him

Harry sat on the floor, against the bed, legs spread out in front of him. In front of him was a tray with a burning newspaper hovering above it with Harry's magic.

Hermione was on his right, across from him– Ron on his left.

Finley rested her head in Harry's lap, the rest of her body spread out to lie down.

"Hey, Robin, you have a bite mark on your neck– It's all purple. What's it from?" Hermione questioned innocently.

"Oh, um... It's a mosquito bite."

"So, I'm a mosquito now?" Harry fakes offended, laughing as he dodged Finley's attack.

"Oi! I do not want to know what your business is with your own bloody girlfriend." Ron gagged.

"So, when did you get here?" Harry directed the question to Hermione, trying to change the topic of conversation.

"A few days ago. Though for a while, I wasn't sure I was coming." She answered.

"Why?" Finley spoke lowly from in Harry's lap, her body vibrating with the grittiness.

"Mum sort of lost it last week. Said Ginny and I had no business going back to Hogwarts. That it's too dangerous."

"Oh, come on." Harry groans out.

"She's not alone," Hermione defends. "Even my parents, and they're Muggles, know something bad's happening."

"Anyway, Dad stepped in, told her she was being barmy and it took a few days, but she came around."

"But... this is Hogwarts we're talking about. It's Dumbledore. What could be safer?"

Finley stays quiet after Harry's words.

She, however, tapped his heart. Harry lowered his hand, running his fingers continuously through her hair.

"There's been a lot of talk recently that Dumbledore's got a bit old."

"Rubbish. Well, he's only- What is he?" Harry questioned his confusion aloud, proving their point.

"Older than most," Finley comments. Harry thumped his finger lightly on her head before continuing with his threading.

"Hundred and fifty? Give it take a few years."

The four began to laugh at Ron's answer. That was old.

"What I tell you, Har?" Finley turned her head, looking up at her boyfriend. She loved to watch him laugh.

Harry's eyes widened the slightest bit before returning back to their normal size. He held her head still. Finley smirked knowingly.

Finley sat up, stretching. "Hermione, where's our bedroom?" Harry's eyes squinted, squeezing her hand to hold her in place.

Over the summer, Finley and Harry had grown used to sleeping in the same bed with each other. No, they had not done it yet. But the both of them refused to take the floor, and Harry had to keep Finley hidden in the Dursley home.

"Yes. I need to get some rest too. We're off, good night, boys." Hermione exited the room, waiting at the doorway for Finley to join her.

Finley leant up to Harry's face, caressing the side of it and pecking his lips. Sensing the awkwardness from the other two, she kept the kiss simple. "Good night, Harold."

"Good night, love." He kissed her once more before letting her go.

Finley stood up, walking out of the room with Hermione. They had reached the room, Hermione laying down in her bed she had received from the Weasley's. Finley lay on her makeshift bed that was actually a blanket pallet. They were in Ginny's room.

"So, you and Harry have gotten close. Like, really close." Ginny commented.

"We've spent the past year with each other. We've never even left each other's side since the summer started." Finley spoke as she stared at the ceiling, though, the room was too dark to really see anything clearly.

"You love him?" Hermione questioned.

Finley paused, not knowing how to answer just yet. "I think I do."

Hermione and Ginny turned to the girl who lay with her gaze on the ceiling.

"I know, for certain, that I'd die for him."

Finley didn't realize how true that statement really was.

+++
- J.S.

S