12. dragon

"I had you looking in the wrong section. How could I be so stupid" Hermione slammed the book on the desk and sat beside me as we all looked at her in shock. My hair turned light green.

"I check this out weeks ago for a but of light reading" she said opening the book.

"This is Light" Ron said receiving a death glare from hermione.

"Of course here it is, Nicholas flammel is the only maker of the philosopher's stone" she read it.

"The what?" The boys asked.

"Honestly don't you two read?" I joked. They gave me a playful glare. "The philosopher's stone is a legendary substance. With astonishing powers it can change any metal into a pure gold and produces an elixir of life. Which make the drinker immortal" I read it.

"Immortal?" Ron said with a scowl.

"It means you never die" Hermione said. Making Ron snap.

"I know what it means" he snapped. Before we start arguing, harry shush us.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicholas flammel. The noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday" she finished.

"Holy shit, that whole year?" I said to myself. "So that's why fluffy's guarding on the third floor. That's what's under the trap door. The philosopher's stone" I explained after connecting the dots.

♤♡◇♧

(her outfit)

(her outfit)

That night after the curfew, all four of us ran to hagrid's hut. We knocked a few times before he answered.

"Hagrid" harry and I said.

"Hello, sorry to be rude but I'm in no fit state to entertain today" he was about to close the door but we stopped him by saying,

"We know about the philosopher's stone" he looked at us defeated and let us in. We all took off our gryffindor robes and sat down.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it" harry informed and Hagrid looked at him frustrated.

"Snape? Blimey, you're not still on about it are you?" He looked between me and harry.

"Hagrid" I whined. "We know Snape's after the stone, we just don't know why" I continued.

"Snape's one of the teachers protecting the stones" Hagrid snapped. "He's not gonna steal it"