41. unforgivable curses

I sat next to Seamus eating gums in DADA class as the new professor stand infront of us.

"Alastor moody ministry malcontent and your new defense against dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end any questions?" I slowly start raising my hand but Seamus pulled it down.

"you idiot stop" he whisper yelled and laugh.

"When it comes to the dark arts, I belive in a practical approach but first, which one of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses are there?"

"three sir" Hermione said clearly terrified.

"and they are so named?"

"Because they're unforgivable, une of any one of them will..."

"will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct now ministry said you're too young to see what this curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against. You need to be prepared" Seamus put his gum under the table as I put my feet on the table.

"You need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum otherthan the underside of your desk mr Finnigan! Feet of the table lady potter!" Moody said not even turning around. I tried my best not to laugh as everyone turned to our desk

"Aw no way, that codger can see out the back of his head" Seamus said, I laughed then moody throw a chalk at us but we ducked.

"So which curse should we see first, WEASLEY!" He yelled.

"yes" Ron said frightened.

"stand!" Ron did as he was told. "give as a curse" moody said. I turned to Seamus and leaned closer to his ears.

"bippity boppity boo" i whispered. we both laughed silently.

"Well my father did tell me about.....the imperious curse" Ron stuttered.

"ahhh Yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why."

He grabbed a spider from the jar then casted a spell to make it bigger than before "imperio" he said and the spider got under control.

he start putting it on people making them yell in fear then he put her on my hair but i laughed. he put her on draco making the room filled with laughter.

"Talented isn't she? What shall i have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself? Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only do you-know-who's bidding under the influence of the imperious curse. But here's a rub. How do we sort out the liars?" Students shoot their hands up.

"longbottom isn't it? Stand" neville did as he was told.

"there's the um, the cruciatus curse" neville told me what happened to his parents and when he did, he broke down and I was there to comfort him.

"Particularly nasty. The torture curse" he said and brought neville to his desk and place the spider down.

"crucio" he said the spider start screeching in pain. neville looked at it disturbed and I couldn't take it anymore.