21. the promise

"Okay fine" Ron said. "So enlighten me, why are we making this potion in board daylight, in the middle of the girls lavatory. Don't you think we'll get caught?"

Hermione and i shared a look before chuckling. "No" I said. I was wearing a trouser neville gave me saying its tight for him instead of my dress. I loosened my tie and remove my sweater.

"No one ever come in here" hermione said and I chuckled.

"Why?" He asked. He was standing crossing his arms.

"Moaning myrtle" we said at the same time. Both of the boys look us confused.

"Who?" They asked.

"Moaning myrtle" we said as we saw her infront of us and smile nervously.

"Who's Moaning myrtle?" He questioned.

"I'm Moaning myrtle!" Myrtle screamed in his face. I laugh as he got shocked. She float up to the roof and began talking in a high pitched mopey voice. I looked at the boys. They look scared as hell which made me laugh.

Myrtle fly through the air past us and into the toilet with a splash. "She's a bit sensitive" I sighed.

♤♡◇♧

I held onto Hermione's hand as we walk into the library. I was feeling really exhausted out of nowhere. Even if I was sleeping I get tired.

Hermione on the otherhand, was scared and want to find out about this thing that's petrifying the muggleborn students. Her eyes were always teary.

"You're scared aren't you?" I asked. She looked at me and nodded. Her eyes got teary again.

"Mione, I don't know what's happening And I probably don't know whats going to happen but, believe me when I tell you I'll always protect you" I said.

"Jackie, this isn't the thing we're gonna stop by just simple majic. It's something bad and I feel like....I'm next" she said.

"I know we can't stop it with magic but I'll do anything. Anything to keep you safe. Even if I have to die" I said lifting my pinkie.

"No, no, no jackie. I know you. You'll do something anyone wouldn't do, I won't do it" she shook her head repeatedly.

"Sure thing you know me, but I'll do it anyway. So, by this, I promise to protect you" she locked her pinkie and we kiss our thumb.

"But hey, look on the bright side. You won't die, you'll be just petrified right? The students will be back in a blink of an eye once the mandrake is ready" I said and she laughs.

"It's better to know that I won't die and I'll just get petrified" she laughed again. We both sat there talking and forgot about our study.

♤♡◇♧

"Gather around. Gather around. Can anybody hear me? Can you all see me?" Lockhart said as he gathered us around a dueling stage.

"Stay here" fred whispered to me. I nodded and tiptoed to kiss his cheek.

"Excellent. In the light of the dark events of recent weeks, professor Dumbledore granted me a permission to start this dueling club. To train you all up, incase you ever need to defend yourself. As I myself have done on  countless occasions. For full detail read my work"