26. ginny

"Let's match the power of lord voldemort, heir of Salazar slytherin against the famous, jackie potter, heir of merlin" tom said. I dropped the hat to the floor and ran away.

"Kill her" he ordered the basilisk as it slithered out. "Parsletongue couldn't save you now lady potter, it only obeys me"

My mind was telling me to charm it. And my heart was telling me to run. What if I looked at it in the eye and die before I save ginny? So I run. The blood was still dripping out of my nose.

I tripped and fell. I saw as the Basilisk getting closer and closer. Then fawks came and landed on the basilisk's face. She then scratches its eyes, blinding it.

"No!" Tom said. "Your bird may have blinded the basilisk, but it can still hear you" Okay, now I feel good.

The basilisk make its way towards me again. I got up and ran as fast as I could to the chamber. I ran through the sewer and reached a gate. It was locked.

I reached my hand out but I got weak, probably its because of the magic dampener. So I stopped and yank it, but it doesn't work.

I heard a hiss coming from behind me I backed up, trying my best to not make a sound. The basilisk peaked around trying to hear any voice. It moved towards me and open its mouth.

My hair turned dark green at the sight of its sticky saliva.

I picked a small rock and throw it across the room. As it hit the floor it echoed making the basilisk turn around. It slithered towards where it hears the voice.

I sighed in relief and went back to where ginny and Tom were. "Bitch" I said at his face. He smirked. I was completely weak and tired. The Magic dampener was killing me.

"Yes lady potter, the process is nearly complete. In a few minutes, ginny weasley will be dead. And I will cease to be a memory. Lord voldemort will return, very much alive" tom said.

"Ginny" I said trying to wake her up, but she didn't. Suddenly a loud splash was hears from behind us. I gasp and stood up. The basilisk make its way towards me again.

I look at the hat Dumbledore sent me. Why the fuck would he send me a hat? Am I gonna sort the basilisk into its house or something? Suddenly a silver sword with red gem appeared inside it.

Okay albus sorry, I pulled it out and ran to the statue. The splash that i made everytime my feet touch the floor make it easy for the basilisk to know where I was.

I swung the sword around trying to stab the basilisk. It crashed into the statue nearly missing me. I dangled by one arm. I climb back before I fell.

I was now at the top of the statue. I swung the sword around again but couldn't stab it. The basilisk hit me and I fell. I managed to grab the sword before it fell.

The basilisk opened its mouth, ready to eat me. It gave me a chance. I stabbed the sword through the top of its mouth. The basilisk let out a scream.

Soon the screaming was mixed with mine as a huge pain was shot through my arm. One of its fangs was impaled in my arm. I redrew the sword and the basilisk screeched in pain, falling to the ground.

Now I'm completely weaker. I was sweating, my body was shaking, the nose bleed hasn't stopped. My uniform was covered with blood and dirt as well as water.