24. attack at the library

"This is my last one, I swear to godric if I don't find it, I'll leave. I have quidditch, Oliver would kill me if I'm late again" I told hermione as I look over the shelf to see if there was any book about magical creatures.

We have been in the library for three hours by now. We've been looking for the creature. Everything was getting worse. Harry's room got busted after that night and the diary got stolen.

Ginny has also been acting weird when she's around us. But I always keep her company.

"Wait a damn second!" I shouted and went back to care for magical creatures center. There was fantastic beasts and where to find them book 2. I've only read book 1.

I pulled the book out of the shelf and flip through the pages looking for it. "Of course, the basilisk!"

"Silence!" The keeper snapped.

"Sorry" I said and turn ran to show hermione.

"I'll be back in five minutes, keep your voice down" the keeper said and left. We were the only ones in the library because the other students were at the quidditch field for our match against hufflepuff.

"Mione look, I found it. The basilisk" I said. She looked at it and gasp

"Of course why haven't I not thought about this book" she groaned. We read everything about the basilisk. Then she looked at me confused.

"It says it kills whoever saw it in the eyes, yet no one's dead. They're just petrified" she said. Then it hit me.

"It's because they didn't see it in the eye" she gave a confused look. "Don't you get it mione?" She shook her head. "There was a water on the floor when Mrs norris got petrified. Colin creevey was holding his camera and sir Nicholas was there when Justin got petrified"

"Get to the point jackie, it's not clear" she snapped. She was tired I could see it. She was growing hopeless.

"Hermione they look at it through something. For example Justin saw it through sir Nicholas, sir Nicholas is dead so he can't die again" I said.

"I'm dumb" she slap her face annoyed. "How could I be this dumb?" Another slap. I laughed at her. "But if it's this big, how is it traveling around the school without anyone seeing it?" She asked.

"The pipes. Look, it travels through the pipes, holy shit we did it" we pulled eachother for a hug. Then we heard a low growl. We looked around but there was no one.

"You've found out enough don't you think?" Ginny came from behind of one of the shelves. "You're really genius than I think you are jackie" her voice wasn't hers. It's like she's been summoned to do this.

"Ginny?" I said in disbelief. I saw hermione write on the book god knows what and look back at her. "It's here isn't it? The basilisk?" She nodded. "Mione? Don't ask any question. Run."

Hermione got up and ran away. I followed her. "Patrificus totalus" ginny yelled.

"Protego!" I yelled shielding us as we ran. "GOD WHY DOES THE LIBRARY HAVE TO BE THIS BIG!" I yelled.

"JACKIE! PLEASE DON'T DO ANYTHING! PLEASE!" Hermione yelled. I reached my hand out and make the books come out of the shelves blocking the away.