89. the headmaster's death

Shits kept happening for months. I found out Dumbledore's asshole plan about being killed by severus and I had a pretty loud screaming contest with both of them.

But then, Dumbledore asked us to go with him to a cave where one of the Horcruxes were. The Salazar Slytherin locket.

He was hurt but we were fine.

And on top of that, I am raging mad that we did everything for nothing.

The locket is fake. It's fucking fake and I've been screaming and yelling angrily. Blood leaking out of my nose.

Luckily my sleeve top was black so it went invisible when I wipe off the blood with it.

We apparated back. Dumbledore was really weak. I tried to heal him but he insisted. "Okay! Atleast let us take you to madam pomfrey-" he cuts harry off.

"No severus, severus is who I need....go wake him....tell him what has happened. Speak to no one else. I..I shall wait here" Dumbledore said.

Then we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Hide yourself below. And do not speak or show yourself without my permission" Dumbledore said.

harry and I hesitantly nodded and went to the tier below. "Sorry for this Jackie, harry hold her" before we even catch on what he meant, I was frozen after hearing, "patrificus totalus" my body got paralyzed. harry caught me before I fell.

"Good evening Draco, what brings you out on such a fine spring evening? Or is it summer?" Dumbledore said. Draco has his wand pointed at dumbledore.

"Who else is here? I heard you talking?" Draco said.

"I often talk to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. That which sounds sane as a whisper can seem utterly mad when said for all the world to hear. Haven't been whispering to yourself have you, Draco?" Dumbledore asked.

"You're no assassin draco" Dumbledore reassures.

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you" Draco spat.

"Like cursing Katie bell and hoping she would, in turn bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of a mead with one laced with poisoned? Forgive me Draco. Those are attempts so weak I cannot help but question if your heart has been really in them. I'm curious. When voldemort give you this task, when he ask you to kill me, was it in a whsiper?" Dumbledore asked.

If I wasn't petrified I would be the one killing him. How dare he petrify me right now?

I tried to get out of the spell but I can't.

"He trusts me! I was chosen!" Draco lift his sleeve up revealing the dark mark. I felt a single tear run down my cheek.

"Then I shall make it easy for you" Dumbledore said.

"Expeliarmus!" Draco disarmed him.

"Very good, very good. You're not alone. There are others, how?" Dumbledore asked as if he doesn't know.

"The vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement, I've been mending it" Draco said trying to hide the fact he was scared.

"Let me guess, it has a sister, a twin"