Chapter 414- Parasitic Essence Eater

Souta and Isabella went out of the illusion barrier. As soon as they left it, the illusion barrier along with the things inside it crumbled down. It disappeared without leaving a trace.

Isabella was staring blankly at her hands. She still couldn't believe what she heard just now. The level of information that she received was something that a person from a backward world couldn't handle.

He glanced at her and he didn't disturb her. He could understand her feeling. He felt it too when he first arrived in Imperium. His mind couldn't handle everything that's why he subconsciously treated everyone as NPC and everything as a game.

Souta went around the laboratory as he left Isabella organized her thoughts. Right now, the problem about the Imperium was too large for him so he wouldn't bother himself with it for the time being. The greatest problem that he could solve with his strength at this moment was the problem with Great Astley Empire.

The problem with Great Astley Empire was within his power level while the problem with Imperium was for powerful gods.

"They are using humans and demis for experiments... They even used monsters."

This laboratory was bigger than he imagined. He already saw more than fifty containers and seventeen of these containers have humans and demis inside it. All of them were unconscious. The worse case was that some of them were already dead.

Souta couldn't even feel a life force within their bodies. No mana or any other energy could be sensed in their bodies. That's why he concluded that they were dead.

"Hmm...?"

He saw a table with books in his sight. He approached it and slowly picked up one of the books on the table.

"This is a record..."

The book contained a record of one of the people that they've experimented with. The state of the person's body, basic information like age or blood type, and any other sickness were all recorded in it.

There's no dust so people must be cleaning this place from time to time. It makes sense since a few of the experiment subjects were still alive at this moment.

"I need to find the people who are managing this place. There should be someone like that here."

Souta muttered as he placed back the books on the table. He then examined the other books and found it the same. It's a record of the other experiment subjects.

He turned his head and he moved forward, exploring the unknown part of the laboratory.

Moving forward, there were another fifty containers and all of it has humans and demis inside. The experiment subjects didn't have any clothes and all of them were unconscious.

Some parts of their bodies weren't proportioned. It must be because of the experiment that's why some of their arms were too small or too large. Some of them didn't look like an arm of a human or demi.

At the edge, a single table was situated and a container was in front of it. The container has a human body within. The only difference was that there were words written on the container.

"Zero eight..." Souta muttered as he approached the table while looking at the human inside the container.

He then looked down at the table and read the notes on it.

"Experimental subject number 08..."

The notes were about the girl inside the container. The result of the experiments and what experiments she'd gone. And this was a piece of shocking information.