Chapter 503 - Witch's Clan Remains

"Is this the place?" Amanda inquired.

"Yes, according to my information there's a hidden base here," Souta replied while looking around.

They arrived in the place between two mountains. The whole area was covered in trees and gigantic rocks. There were low-level monsters here but it didn't pose any problem to the two at all.

"What if it's false?" Amanda asked while jumping on the top of the tree to observe the surrounding.

"Then, we can't do anything about it. With our current situation, we just need to confirm every piece of information with our own two eyes."

"I can't recall anything about my childhood because of my trauma so I can't tell if this place is really related to the Witch Clan."

"It's fine. I understand so you just need to precisely follow my command and I will help you fulfill your goal."

"Um... I don't know how to reply about that but it's my first time that I've gotten intel regarding my clan. Using the organization that I've built in Blue Ray City, I tried to gather information but it's useless. My influence wasn't enough and my organization was just a small group in that country. I couldn't get those high classified information."

"Come here, I think I've found it."

Amanda jumped down on the trees and she approached Souta who was squatting between a meter tall rectangular rock.

"Below here. We can push this rock aside and we will find the passage."

Souta said as he placed his palm on the smooth surface of the rock. Finding the passage will be easy if he used his energy but before coming here they discovered traces of people. So they didn't dare to use their energy in case the other people had some sort of sensory type mage or sensory artifacts.

They didn't know the goal of the other group but it's better to be cautious. Until they confirmed the status of the other group, Souta wouldn't let down his guard.

Souta slowly pushed the rock to the side and a dark passage was revealed in front of his eyes.

"There's really a path..."

Amanda muttered as she narrowed her eyes. She did every kind of vile thing in the past just to get a piece of information from her clan but who would have thought that she would find a clue this way.

Souta jumped down after confirming that there's no people around and Amanda followed him.

The whole place was murky and filled with dust. The soil on the ground was dried and cracks formed around it. This feels like this place hasn't been visited by people for a long time.

But this couldn't deceive Souta. There's a faint mana lingering on the air and it was different from natural mana.

The natural mana in the air was colorless and it didn't have any attributes or characteristics. But the mana that came from people were different, it has a unique energy signature or waves that differ to each person in the whole world.

It's like a fingerprint but in the form of energy. Also, the energy that came from people had attributes depending on their elemental affinities.

Amanda couldn't sense this but Souta could certainly detect it. His training in the living labyrinth was not for nothing. The place where he couldn't use his five senses except for his sense of energy greatly enhanced his energy detection ability.

"It's doesn't look like there are people here."

Amanda said in a low voice.

"No, people have been visiting this place but they haven't touched anything here. I'm sure that we would uncover something if we followed this path."