Chapter 589: Examination III

Boom!

Manduk dashed out of the smoke. ‘This guy is strong.’ He said inwardly as Souta chased after him.

Swoosh!

[Crimson Moon]!

He clenched his fist and he gathered a huge amount of mana. He then punched the red energy blade in front of him.

Bang!

Manduk saw Souta continue to attack him. He simply blocked and dodged Souta’s attack without fighting back.

He could deal with Souta using his strength but that’s not the point of this examination. In this examination, he had to see the combat prowess of the people that wanted to join the Athen’s Champion to know if they were really qualified to serve the Goddess Athena.

‘I can deal with him since I’m at One Shackle Realm but if I’m still at S-rank then this guy would be able to defeat me.’ Manduk thought.

Souta was the strongest third evolution monster he had seen so far. He guessed that no S-rank would be able to defeat Souta. A monster was really a different breed compared to humans and demis. That’s why a party was necessary when they need to subjugate one.

Boom!

A dark aura covered Souta’s body and his strength had increased several times once again.

[Element Drive: Dark Force]!

‘Hmm… He could even use [Element Drive]. That’s an insane mastery over dark attribute. This guy… He is qualified.’

With that in Manduk’s mind, he quickly parried Souta’s sword and delivered a blow on his stomach.

Bang!

“Ugh!”

Souta spat a mouthful of blood and felt a huge energy brewing in front of him. A big attack. Manduk was finally going to attack him.

It was a huge problem. Although he had fought with Shackled Realm before, the situation back then was different right now. At that time, he teamed up against a Shackled Realm yet at this moment he was fighting alone and the opponent right now was stronger than Rowan.

Although he got stronger, the difference in battle power was still huge.

“You are doing good,” Manduk said with a smile as he appeared in front of Souta.

He stretched out his hand and grabbed Souta’s face before the energy in his hand exploded.

Boom!

Then, he smashed Souta to the ground before launching a series of punches.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

He then kicked Souta on the side before saying, “Let’s stop this. I know that you can still fight but in the end, you still didn’t have enough power to defeat. Ah, that’s not the point. What I want to say is your performance is extremely good. Simply amazing.”

“Damn! That hurts!”

Souta slowly stood up and he returned to his normal form. The bruises that he received had disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Manduk approached him with a smile and he raised his hand. “Congratulations, you’re terrific and I will say this to you. You will pass the examination without a doubt. I guess that you and I will be comrades soon.”

“Oh, thanks.” Souta shook Manduk’s hand and said.

“Although you still had to wait for the result of the examination, I’m sure that you will pass it so I’m congratulating you in advance,” Manduk said to him.