Chapter 439 - The King

"I see so you'll become the leader of this new country and the soon that we established it, you will go back to your homeworld and leave everything here to me?" Jamine said while looking at Souta.

"Yes, that's the gist of it," Souta said as he smiled. "But don't worry, you can still contact me if you encountered any problem."

Jamine sighed and she knew that Souta wouldn't help her in managing this country. Everything will fall into her hands and she had to solve it alone. A newly established country will naturally encounter a lot of problems at first. Luckily, she had experience in running a kingdom before.

"Fine..."

She sighed as she gave up on her. At least her position was high.

"Um..." Lydia looked at Souta as she raised her hand to gather his attention. She had something to say to him.

"What is it, Lydia?" Souta asked as he saw her looking at him like she had something in her mind. "Speak. Tell me what's on your mind."

"I'm sorry." Lydia apologized.

"Hmm... Why?" Souta was confused as he didn't even have an idea why she was apologizing to him.

"I-I will not follow you. I want to stay here and help Jamine." Lydia said as she lowered her head. She owed a lot of things to Souta and she felt that she couldn't repay him even if she served him in her entire life.

She wanted to help him but she also wanted to help her friend that she hadn't seen for a long time. Everyone was going to leave and Jamine didn't have anyone to support her. That's why she decided to stay here and help her friend even if it means abandoning her chance to increase her power level in Imperium.

"I understand."

Souta nodded his head as he glanced at Jamine. He could understand what's on her mind and it wasn't a problem if Lydia was going to stay here. In fact, his concern would become less if she stayed here to protect Jamine from those greedy people.

"I will not give any talisman to Jamine as you still have that transmission talisman that I gave you before, right?"

"Yeah..." Lydia nodded.

"It's fine. I can understand your feelings. Also, it's better if Jamine has someone that she could fully trust besides her." Souta said as he glanced at Jamine.

To have someone that you could leave your back in this world full of uncertainty was something that he didn't experience before. He could still remember how scared he was when he arrived in Undead Sanctuary.

That's why he was glad when he got Yuko. She became his only source of emotion that could keep him sane.

"Thank you, Souta!!" Lydia said as she kneeled down in front of Souta. Her action startled everyone present in the room but she ignored them and continued, "I'm really glad that you lend me your strength at that time. I'm pretty desperate in need of allies at that time. I was alone and no one lend me a hand except for you. So I really thanked you from the bottom of my heart. I will not forget this debt until I die."

"This..." Souta didn't expect her to do this too. It caught him off guard.

Lydia wasn't finished, "If you have any problems. I will answer any of your calls and if comes down to it I will even stake my life for you. You're the only one I will treat as my leader."

'Fuck! This is embarrassing!' Souta said inwardly while looking at Lydia who was kneeling in front of him. But he didn't disrupt her, afraid of making her down.

But then, something unexpected happened again.

The dragon who was high and mighty bowed down its head. His voice rang out, "I'll give you my name. This one is called Doranjan. From now on, I will treat you as my king and follow you till the end. I will submit my body and soul to my king."